Who doesn't like new friends?!

Options
Hi, my name is Miranda and I am looking to lose about 60 pounds to be at least where I was before I quit smoking a couple of years ago. The weight came on pretty quickly and I wish it would do the same in the opposite direction! I know HOW to lose weight but I always seem to fall off the wagon! Anyways, maybe having some motivation from strangers will push me a little further.

Replies

• Tandysbooty
    Tandysbooty Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Miranda
    Well done quitting!!
    At least your lungs will deal better with the exercise side of things ;)
    Ex smoker here and have never looked back, best thing I've done but I do love something sweet after dinner hence why I need to log everything!!
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    MFP where quitting and losing are the good things!
  • MonoJKA
    MonoJKA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's great that you quit smoking and this is the a great place to find motivation from others.
  • SojournerYouth
    SojournerYouth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Quitting smoking is super hard. I had a friend who still smokes, but has tried to quit unsuccessfully several times, so I know what a struggle it is. Friend me and we can keep the support going.
  • MiraMira0702
    MiraMira0702 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Miranda
    Well done quitting!!
    At least your lungs will deal better with the exercise side of things ;)
    Ex smoker here and have never looked back, best thing I've done but I do love something sweet after dinner hence why I need to log everything!!

Congrats to you as well! Best choice I ever made, although my *kitten* does not agree, lol!!
  • steveadams2015
    steveadams2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My weight jumped after quiting smoking just over a year ago, I quit cold turkey and I,m using the same determination to loose 66 lb. well done for quiting and downloading this app
  • MiraMira0702
    Options
    Thanks! I need to just stay on track and get the weight off!
  • duracell24
    duracell24 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yay! You can do it! Congrats on quitting smoking! I need to jump on that myself!
  • MiraMira0702
    Options
    I know they are finding it is bad for you also, but I used a e-cigg to quit then after about a year I just stopped everything :)
  • ahokay89
    ahokay89 Posts: 353
    Options
    Good luck!
  • MiraMira0702
    Options
    Thank you!!!