Not losing anything!

Options
im on day 21 and have lost no weight since when I first started. I'm not even losing half a pound. I have no idea why. I'm working out 5-6 days a week at least 30-45 mins and walking. What could be wrong?

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    would help to state what your daily calorie goals are. working out isn't the key to weight loss, it's all about what your eating and how much!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If you had said you were weighing all your food on a food scale, logging every piece you put in your mouth, and staying true to your calorie deficit...I'd be worried. But all you mentioned was working out. Are you doing all these things?
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale? Do you eat back exercise calories? Can you make your food diary public please?
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    would help to state what your daily calorie goals are. working out isn't the key to weight loss, it's all about what your eating and how much!

calorie deficit supported by working out is certainly a key to weight loss...simply eating less does not improve caloric burn rate or metabolism.

Aprith, its likely that calories are sneaking into your meals and you don't realize. Make sure you pre-plan your meals, get weights on everything, and don't snack...not even a bite of this or a single chip UNLESS you include it in your food diary. That is my guess...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you in a deficit?
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Your diary isn't available for us to make suggestions to help you.
  • aprilh576
    aprilh576 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys I will open my diary and I log even if I go over.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Why is your calorie allowance so high? 2,000 calories a day is maintenance for me. What are your settings/stats?
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You don't appear to be weighing your food as everything is in 'cups' and such which means you are likely eating even more than you think. 2000-2300 cals a day seems pretty high for losing weight.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Your calorie goal is too high. If you're maintaining on your current level, cut 250 calories from your budget and report back in 4 weeks :)

Great logging. You can totally do this.
  • aprilh576
    Options
    I'm 288 with a goal of 200 at 2lbs a week lightly active. I thought it was too high but ever calculator I use says more including Fitbit
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You need to be weighing all your solid foods.
  • aprilh576
    Options
    Omg! This is so hard and confusing! I really feel like crying. I don't have a scale to weigh my food. Making homemade I have no idea how to log it.
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    Oh dont stress! Its a learning process. Ive never weighed my food and ive lost 50lbs. I just overestemate by about 15% on food and cut my calorie burn in half! Then im pretty safe. U will get there if u keep trying! Maybe have an accountability buddy?
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    Oh dont stress! Its a learning process. Ive never weighed my food and ive lost 50lbs. I just overestemate by about 15% on food and cut my calorie burn in half! Then im pretty safe. U will get there if u keep trying! Maybe have an accountability buddy?
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    Oh sorry stupid phone!
  • aprilh576
    Options
    I'm alone in this. Everyone around me overweight and don't care. So buddies In this department. Starting tomorrow I lowered my calorie intake and will try and track every little thing I eat and drink more water and stop using measuring cups.