is this normal?

Options
Hi everyone,

I've used MFP before but I'm really trying to be good and use it consistently now. I am about 140 lbs, trying to get to about 125, and my daily goal is 1460 calories. I originally was trying for 1250 or so, but it was just not enough food- I had to go over and I kept feeling guilty. I'm just wondering... is it normal for it to be really difficult at first? I'm not sure how much I was eating before but I find myself feeling hungry all day. Is that normal?

Nikki

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What's your height?
  • hikarizx
    hikarizx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'4''-5'5''ish
  • MickeyCastello
    MickeyCastello Posts: 269
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You don't have your diary open, so it's hard to make suggestions.
    It was difficult at first for me, but that went away once I got the right food combinations into my food lists that didn't bust my macros.
  • hikarizx
    Options
    I made it public. Just as a fyi I do know that my choices thus far have not been great. :/
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It depends on how aggressive you are trying to be...the bigger the deficit the faster you will lose and the hard it will be to be strict. My suggestion is that you try to lose .5 a week and ramp up from there, be fastidious about logging your food, and try to make small changes this week that will carry over into the future weeks...
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    It all boils down to burning more than the calories you eat.
  • tmumma88
    Options
    With your current weight of 140 and your age you need about 1900calories to maintain your weight. If you would like to lose I would subtract 500calories and see how this goes. This would put you at about 1400 calories per day to lose.

That being said, here are some tips:
    1. Eat a fruit or vegetable at each meal for less calories and more fiber to fill you up.
    2. Eat protein (meat, nuts, low fat cheese or milk) at each meal to help stay full.
    3. Eat whole grain bread, rice, and pasta.
    4. Things that will keep you full are protein, fat, and fiber. (do not overdue the fat of course!)

I hope these help
  • hikarizx
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Much appreciated. :)