5:2: What two days do you fast? NEWBIE HERE

Options
Do you do two days in a row or two separate days?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't do 5:2 but I've looked into it over the years. My understanding is that you'd want to fast on two non-consecutive days (not back-to-back). I know there are some intermittent fasting groups here that might give you a more concrete answer if the general boards can't help you out. Best of luck!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't do 5:2 but I've looked into it over the years. My understanding is that you'd want to fast on two non-consecutive days (not back-to-back). I know there are some intermittent fasting groups here that might give you a more concrete answer if the general boards can't help you out. Best of luck!

This^

I'm pretty new to this. I read the 5:2 Mosely book and started 4 weeks ago. The recommendation is 2 (500 for women) calorie days that are non-consecutive. These 2 days are rest, or light workout days also. My 2 days are Monday & Thursday.

Here's the group Dianne mentioned

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I do Mondays and Thursdays. I sometimes add another day, but never back to back days.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I do Tuesday and Thursday.
  • Nickers5405
    Nickers5405 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do Mondays and Thursdays. I sometimes add another day, but never back to back days.

You sometimes fast 3 days a week?
  • adriat
    adriat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What is 5:2? Sorry..I'm lame!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    adriat wrote: »
    What is 5:2? Sorry..I'm lame!!

Two days a week only eat 500 calories. The other five days eat at maintenance (I think).

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.....
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The usual consensus is that they are non-consecutive. This is done for sanity purposes (having two low days in a row being hard). There is nothing wrong with doing them in a row and be done for the week if that is what you wish to do.