Need Motivation, Not MyFirst Time Trying.

Options
crumbliss2010
crumbliss2010 Posts: 42 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I honestly need all of the motivation I can get. This is my 4th time trying to loose weight. It has been hard, stress gets the best of me. But I want to prove to EVERYONE that I can loose 100 pounds. I want to be happy again. I'm 23 almost 24 & I'm near 330 pounds. Can I get motivation please. Messages friends request

Replies

• waynebeverley
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm on my second diet, lost weight a year or so again and put it all back on again!
    This app looks great and with the support of everyone I hope to do it again.
    Just stick at it. :)
  • Blisschick1
    Options
    Weight loss has been a tough thing for me, too. I've never been a petite daisy and don't expect to have the body of a supermodel, but I know I have to do this for my own good. I intend to be around for a long time, so the best thing I can do for myself is take care of myself.

First things first: Love yourself even if you don't think you're "ideal". What's on the outside does not reflect what is on the inside. Nothing is going to work for you if you don't have a positive attitude and can't see beyond the negative. I know, easier said than done, but trust me, this is the basis for everything. I've gained back some of the weight I lost, but I don't see it as a failure, just a setback. I know I have lost it, and I know I can do it again, I just have to try harder.

Second: know that it isn't going to happen overnight. Trust me, if I could shed this body by doing nothing, I'd be my ideal weight. You will have to work for it, just like anything, and it will be all on you. If I cheat and eat a Bundtlet (like I did the other day), then it's my fault, not my husband's for indulging me (even while he gave me guff and a $20 bill to buy it). Bottom line, nobody is "making" you eat anything, and you'll never "accidentally" eat bad stuff (like a Bundtlet). I won't lie, it's going to take sacrifice, especially things you like to eat that make you feel happy. I'm hating that part the most. But, I'm looking at long term, that once I get things under control, then maybe I can allow myself to have the things I enjoy on occasion again.

Third: Don't beat yourself up if you make a mistake, but be willing to own up to it. Admit where you went wrong, then make it a point to avoid doing it again. Denial is very easy, and something I've had to battle the whole way. ("I'll only eat this Bundlet this time, today, and I won't do it again. Too many calories. The Hershey's bar had less." NO!! Bad is bad!)

There's a ton of other stuff I've had to adjust about my eating habits, but what I've found that works best for me is to set a calorie limit, find the foods I like that will work within that limit that will leave me full and satisfied, and keep somewhat active. I currently can't be as active as I like because of the weather (I love yardwork), but if I weren't being lazy, I'd dust off my treadmill and use it.