C25K

Options
I am starting the Couch to 5k running plan today. I have noticed people in my t own running down the street, and I would LOVE to run! I haven't ran in FOREVER.. There is a huge marathan in Nashville TN every year... and I want to run it next year!! Anybody done this?? What were the results?

Replies

• Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You'll find lots of posts on this topic - it's a very popular programme!
    I'm in week 4, and there have been days when I've found it tough, but other days when it has been great. I think the general advice is to give it a go, and if you find one week hard, repeat it before going on to the next week.
    Feel free to add me if you want encouragement along the way
    Lindsay
  • katy5692
    katy5692 Posts: 140
    Options
    i started the programme today too :happy:

good luck with it! & feel free to add me if you want a companion hehe.

I work as an event steward and i was on a road closure last weekend at a half marathon- I wished I was as fit as them so i wanted to start running :smile:

a lady posted something on here earlier that was so inspiring after C25K...

i'll post it in a minute once i've found it :bigsmile:

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • katy5692
    Options
    here is a woman that inspired me :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/237876-five-months-23-pounds-with-lotsa-photos

made me smile!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend it!
  • julzband
    julzband Posts: 5
    Options
    I know lots of people who have successfully started with c 2 5 k and have went on to run half and full marathons. Check out Youtube lots of examples online. Love that you listed your goals good ide!! Good luck with couchto 5 k. I am starting next week. I am training to do a sprint triathlon in August.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Ive just completed my 2nd run of week 2! Go for it! I enjoy it now :)
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I started last weekend... ugh. I feel like I'll NEVER be able to run a 5K. But I'm gonna keep going and see how I do at it.
  • katy5692
    Options
    I started last weekend... ugh. I feel like I'll NEVER be able to run a 5K. But I'm gonna keep going and see how I do at it.

I feel EXACTLY the same :indifferent:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I did the C25K program last year and loved it. I was @215 lbs. It was the 3rd attempt :blushing: but the charm because I completed it and ran a 5K race. It really is a great program - unfortunately I could not lose weight on it. I think I need more strength training with the cardio so I am doing both now. I just restarted the C25K this week and am doing Biggest Loser videos 2 - 3 days also. Hopefully that will work for me. I NEVER thought I could run. I used to run a couple of miles several times a week in high school and hated it. I actually really enjoy it now and this program is a great way to work yourself up. I say go for it, keep an open mind and if you have problems repeat a week or I created a week 3a that was between week 3 and 4 because that seems like too big of a leap. The time I completed the program though, I just did each week as it came. Make sure you get good running shoes first though. It's not worth the pain if you don't :drinker:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/237876-five-months-23-pounds-with-lotsa-photos

made me smile!

Hey, that's MEEEEEE!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I started in late December, and "graduated" in February. I feel like their poster child. I could never run before. I even had frequent recurring nightmares that I had to run and physically could not place one foot in front of the other. About a month prior to starting, my dog snuck out of the yard and I had to run about two blocks to the park to find him. I walked back from the park with him doubled over, and wheezed for literally HOURS after.

Stick with it and go slow. Find a pace that's just a little faster than you can walk, but as slow as you can possibly jog. Once you have endurance, you can work on speed if you want. And definitely sign up for a race in a few months, so you can't back down. You'll feel amazing when you finish it!
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I loved it, my shins did not. I hope to revisit when I lose more weight and there is less impact on my legs. I hope it works well for you!!
  • esalentn4
    esalentn4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started it because all of my coworkers were talking about it and how well they did with the program. I have never been a runner, but I absolutely love it!! Good luck to you! Feel free to add me if you want to!
  • katy5692
    Options

made me smile!

Hey, that's MEEEEEE!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I started in late December, and "graduated" in February. I feel like their poster child. I could never run before. I even had frequent recurring nightmares that I had to run and physically could not place one foot in front of the other. About a month prior to starting, my dog snuck out of the yard and I had to run about two blocks to the park to find him. I walked back from the park with him doubled over, and wheezed for literally HOURS after.

Stick with it and go slow. Find a pace that's just a little faster than you can walk, but as slow as you can possibly jog. Once you have endurance, you can work on speed if you want. And definitely sign up for a race in a few months, so you can't back down. You'll feel amazing when you finish it!

IT IS YOU! :bigsmile: hehee
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This is my second go round with C25K. Even though I quit after two weeks the first time, I still love it and hope to actually get through it this time. I'm on week 2, day 3 (the time I quit the last time). I can breeze through the first week, but this week was giving me some problems. I HATE running, but I love this because it gives me a goal and I know I'm going to be able to stop and walk soon lol. I haven't seen any results, as it's only week 2, but I hope to eventually be able to run a marathon as well!
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I finished C25K and it was awesome. I finished the last run on April 28th and ran my first 5K on May 1st. I have my second 5K coming up on May 30th!