Is it ok to yo yo with calories?

Options
I am allowed 2080 calories/day. I can't exercise much if at all due to surgery 6 days ago. 2 days ago i was at like 1500 calories, yesterday was only like 1000 and today was like 1600. Will my body get confused and gain weight with these amounts?

Replies

• misssimone08
    Options
    I don't think so. I heard that yo yoing your calories is actually good for you because your body wont get use to a set amount of calories a day and therefore you wont get stuck at a plateau with your weight loss.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. People actually do this intentionally to allow for more lenient/relaxed food intake days. You should be fine :-)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I yo-yoed, but always upwards, and I lost weight just fine. Try it. You can watch the scales to see if it works.
  • kbryanmc
    kbryanmc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's says its a great way to boost your metabolism when you hit a plateau because you're keeping it guessing! Just make sure you still make healthy choices while yo-yoing!
  • clwatlington
    clwatlington Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Why is your calorie count so high? You should be eating at least 1200 calories everyday. If not, your body will go into starvation mode. I personally do not eat the same amount of calories everyday; I do however make it a personal goal to not eat more than 1400 before exercise.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Why is your calorie count so high? You should be eating at least 1200 calories everyday. If not, your body will go into starvation mode. I personally do not eat the same amount of calories everyday; I do however make it a personal goal to not eat more than 1400 before exercise.

Calorie count is based on weight, based on my weight i am allowed 2080 calories/day.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options

Calorie count is based on weight, based on my weight i am allowed 2080 calories/day.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

Yep, very true! mine based on weight was 1800/day, but I changed it to 1500/day. :)