breastfeeding and workout

Options
hi i'm new to mfp and i have 6mnth old baby i breast feed her... is it ok to workout now? and i had c section... is anyone there with same story ? and lost ur weight pls tell ur story it will be inspiring for me to do the same.... :)

Replies

• JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi, I didn't have a c-section, but I started working out after both babies at about 6 weeks after birth- gently at first but moving on to things like fitness classes and fitness DVDs. You should be fine at 6 months and at that age you only need to allow an extra 200 to 300 calories for breastfeeding.
  • karthika11186
    karthika11186 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks for ur reply.... and i send u a request.. :)
  • becky512
    becky512 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did not have a c-section but I am BF. I started back at the gym, intense, at 4 weeks. So far I have no noticed a decrease in my supply, just an increase in my appetite! Good Luck to you!
  • karthika11186
    karthika11186 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ok... thank you... :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My guy is almost 7 months now. I had a csection and started working out around 8 weeks post partum. I didn't cut calories until 3 months but really didn't get serious about tracking until the last month or so.
    Take it easy when you go back. I found I was a lot weaker. It didn't take long to build back up but don't expect to be able to do the same you used to right away. I spent a lot of time running at a slow easy pace to get my running endurance back and am just now adding harder workouts.
    I've had no issues with milk supply but I keep a small deficit.