Snacks I can eat

Options
i have gained 30 pounds in three months. Yeah I know. Terrible. My mom has stopped cooking dinner and with my dad and I working all week when we get in we rarely have time with everything else to cook. I have began eating fast food a lot more then I should. I am on depo and it makes me want to munch ALL DAY instead of eating three meals. What healthy snacks can I resort to munching on during the day because the cookies.. Cereal.. Krispy Kreme.. Unfortunately adds up. Thanks :)

Replies

• joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with cereal? I eat 1-2 servings of it every day.
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am on depo too and I feel your pain! But it is totally doable! I eat 3 smaller meals and 2 larger snacks. This keeps the hunger pangs at bay for me. My meals are normally 300-400 cals & 100-200 cals for my snacks. When I snack, I try to do one veggie snack and one fruit snack a day, with protein. My morning snack is normally veggies with hummus (i buy the sabras individual packs from costco- comes in handy!) and my afternoon snack is normally a fruit with greek yogurt (i do plain, but you dont have too - i only do that because im trying to keep my sugar intake down), if i dont have that, ill do veggies and a hard boiled egg or sometimes, when i forget to grab my snacks, i steal (oops! im bad) from work LOL, i work at a school and ill normally grab these peanut butter crackers things.. but yeah... hope you figure something out! you can add me if you want to check my diary out to see how to space out your meals... was able to lose 50lbs while still staying on depo!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    joneallen wrote: »
    French toast crunch <3
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    joneallen wrote: »
    French toast crunch <3
    Amazing!! I've been addicted to Fruit Loops with marshmallows lately.
  • jillmartins
    Options
    I too struggle with being on the go mom, tired when I get home to make something. I found more protein in your "snacks' the fuller I feel so I don't get the cravings. I have issues with thyroid which throw my metabolism off. I too run out of ideas and get sick of eating the same snacks all the time. Ideas are great!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    If hungry I munch carrots either with salt or ranch dip.

If not too hungry but want a boost, I eat a handful of trail mix. Can't have much, lots of kcal.

Want sweet and cold? I eat an Outshine frozen fruit bar.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Spend an hour or so on your day(s) off and put your snacks in some Ziploc Snack size. Place your snacks in the fridg, car, office desk, etc. to keep them handy. Fill them with:

Raw almonds (approx. 24 kernels) - 28.35 gram, 164 cal
    Orange Mandarin (approx. 1 med) - 196 gram, 94 cal
    Edamame (approx.1/4 cup) - 39 gram, 47 cal
    Apple, with skin (approx. extra small) - 101 gram, 53 cal
    Pretzel w/ peanut butter filled (8 pieces) - 28 gram, 140 cal
    Light Yogurt (Yoplait Very Vanilla) - 170 gram, 90 cal

Just a few in my head but with the idea that you get your sweet/salt tooth. I try to select some with protein for snacks too because they help you not feel hungry. Good luck and hope this can help a little.
  • xoxo_ks
    Options
    The cereal thang... When I can sit there and eat like an entire box for breakfast that's a problem lol
  • xoxo_ks
    Options
    Wait so you're telling me I can only eat 8 pretzels.. As of late a snack to me is a whole box of Girl Scout cookies. Lol
  • xoxo_ks
    Options
    Since French toast crunch has been rereleasted I've ate at least 6 boxes
  • Sammydc135
    Sammydc135 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with cherry tomatoes, celery and cucumber for a mid afternoon snack. For after tea snack, i like a kiwi, some frozen raspberries (50g) and either 20g of almonds or pistashios or 10g if nuts and 10g of pumpkin seeds.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I eat two snacks a day and they are big. I like to eat almonds, babybel cheese, these little bar things I found (150 cal), carrots, apple, and grape tomatoes. I will also always have either a York mini or tootise roll pop as long as I stay within my calories for that day.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    xoxo_ks wrote: »
    The cereal thang... When I can sit there and eat like an entire box for breakfast that's a problem lol

Do you have a food scale? measure out a proper serving size of the cereal. and then work into your calories for the day.
  • shantaeno_1
    shantaeno_1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.I am also on depo and its seams like its harder to get the weight off.Does anyone have some advice/tips..im new to this community thing. :)
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    yeah, prepacking snacks is key I guess. When it's over, it's over ;) I have a pack of brazil nuts in my desk drawer and I know, that I can have 3 as a snack in the afternoon. What also works well for me is using these "coffee/smoothie to go" cups to pack my portions of veggies and fruit. They hold a medium sized carrot in sticks, 2 or 3 small snack tomatoes and a bit of cucumber...or some fruit pieces of your choice. Prepacked portions help a lot in my opinion :)
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, of all the fairly portable, lower calorie snacks I've ever eaten, keep me full the longest. Can't say I love them, but they're tolerable with a little chipotle powder on them or dipped in mustard or both.
  • xoxo_ks
    Options
    I love boiled eggs! My problem is portions. Who just eats a handful of almonds? I need like a bucket full of something (then I wonder why I'm gaining weight) I'm by no means fat but gaining 30 pounds in three months is terrible. I'm a junkie girl and I LOVE SWEETS. I have tried to just munching on veggie trays instead
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    xoxo_ks wrote: »
    I love boiled eggs! My problem is portions. Who just eats a handful of almonds? I need like a bucket full of something (then I wonder why I'm gaining weight) I'm by no means fat but gaining 30 pounds in three months is terrible. I'm a junkie girl and I LOVE SWEETS. I have tried to just munching on veggie trays instead

I'm the same way, been craving sugar ever since I can remember and I can eat a grown man under the table and then when he's face planted in the remnants of his cake I can eat him, too. But boiled eggs is one of the few foods I find it hard to overeat.