Calorie allowance 790?

Options
Hi I just wondered if any of you have had your calorie allowance changed to 790? Mine changed because I have lost a certain amount of weight.. but I think its funny that only a week before it changed my fitness pal wouldn't let me even complete an entry if I ate under 1000 calories. Does this sound right to you? It doesn't to me... =S

I have emailed my fitness pal for help but I have just been ignored. I'm thinking if I don't get a response to leave and use another service, which is a shame.

Any feedback re the weird calorie allowance would be appreciated :)

Thanks lovely people :) x

Replies

• tiffanyheal
    tiffanyheal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Corrine. That's very odd. I haven't had that happen before but I think it's best to never dip below 1000 per day bare minimum if you plan to exercise. You could go down to 650/700 one or two days a week if you will not be exercising and use them as cleanse days however I've been working in the fitness industry over 10 years and it's best to aim for at least 1200+ daily depending on your workouts. This will ensure you have enough energy and avoid binges later:) -Tiffany
  • CorrineWest
    CorrineWest Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's precisely what I was thinking. I do a lot of workouts such as insanity, running, cycling and kickboxing. I think I'll pass out if I only eat 790 lol! I am a bit reluctant to log anything if I am getting unhealthy guidelines.

Thank you for your help, I knew it was wrong maybe its trying to make me to that ridiculous fad 5, 2 diet. =) haha!
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    That seems odd. I would go in and manually change the calorie goal. 790 isn't enough..especially not for an active person
  • CorrineWest
    CorrineWest Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ill try and change it back to 1200 and just go by that and hope I carry on losing. Thank you :smiley: x
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    if you have yourself set as sedentary and wanting to lose 2lb a week at a fairly normal weight then i can see the algorythems throwing that out

set your weekly weight loss as 0.5 or 1lb a week and if your not logging exercise ( your given more calories depending on exercise ) then set your activity level higher
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    This is the second post I've seen today with really low calorie allowance, must be an MFP glitch, noone should ever be on less than 1200 cals a day + eat back exercise calories.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    This is the second post I've seen today with really low calorie allowance, must be an MFP glitch, noone should ever be on less than 1200 cals a day + eat back exercise calories.

Mine warns me if I end with 1198 calories.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I agree with the rest of the thread here-- 790 is just in no way, shape, or form, a healthy calorie limit for an active young person! I was at 1200 for the longest time, but even then I would feel famished... I bumped mine up to 1400 recently, as I've become more active and require the extra calories to have that energy to keep me going!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    It's a glitch. Just reset your calories
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    It's a glitch. Just reset your calories

Yup this. You can PM @Olivia about it as well
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    definitely a glitch - i had one lucky day where it told me i had something like 215,763.254353 calories. Shockingly i was unable to eat anywhere near that goal and it changed back to where it should be after a couple hours. :smile:

As the others said, try and reset it, even via custom setting if needed, and it should be fine.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    definitely a glitch - i had one lucky day where it told me i had something like 215,763.254353 calories. Shockingly i was unable to eat anywhere near that goal and it changed back to where it should be after a couple hours. :smile:

As the others said, try and reset it, even via custom setting if needed, and it should be fine.

Damn, I wish that was my calorie goal!
    Like the others said, it's a glitch that occasionally happens. MFP never purposely sets calories at anything less than 1200.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Hi I just wondered if any of you have had your calorie allowance changed to 790? Mine changed because I have lost a certain amount of weight.. but I think its funny that only a week before it changed my fitness pal wouldn't let me even complete an entry if I ate under 1000 calories. Does this sound right to you? It doesn't to me... =S
    Oh wow, that would really suck.

Good luck.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    @olivia has said that there is glitch which will be fixed in the new version of MFP.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thanks guys for getting the word out about this bug impacting the last release of our iOS app. This bug will be fixed in the next release of the app. In the meantime if anyone who has this issue logs into the website, and updates their goals, it should fix the issue.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided