Exercise?!!

Options
Hi guys. Please tell me how you started your exercise routine and what exercises, apps,videos you incorporated.

Replies

• christinechinchen
    Options
    Hi I ride an exercise bike,do pilates,stretch bands by doing beginners by following you tube.
    I find it helps a lot hope this helps.christine
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    I was SO out of shape in the beginning I started with simply walking on a treadmill at an incline for 5 minutes twice a week.

My mind set was anyone can do anything for 5 minutes twice a week.

Once the regular frequency of doing something became a part of my routine, I incrementally increased the duration of the cardio & frequency to the gym.

Exercise is finding something you like or at least can tolerate. I am not an avid exercise fan nor will I ever be one of those folks who LIVES to workout. SO I try to read a lot about what is the most common denominator exercise to work the most muscle group at the same time. My exercise routine (and eating) continues to be tweaked 18+ in maintaining.

My suggestion is to YouTube some exercises that you may enjoy, look at your goals and see which compliments them (ie. muscle definition? lose weight? build strength? etc), and lastly BE HONEST and REALISTIC with yourself of what you would actually continue to do.

Best of luck to you!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and walked or ran on the treadmill. I gradually incorporated weight machines and more dvds. I did a longer run once a week outside.
  • craigjmorton
    craigjmorton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started with a simple C25K program.
  • paulahope2
    Options
    I've been stuck on a certain weight for awhile.. But I recently downloaded the app "Pacer".. It keeps track of your steps each day and you can set up a goal amount of steps you want to do each day.. There are also apps you can download through that app and they are really good.. Added some good variety to my exercise routine.. Even if you look up some 30 day challenges they can help aswell.. The start easy and build to a higher intensity..

Hope this helps!
    Good luck with your journey!