I had a MAJOR NSV

Options
Ok, I've been shopping in the "big girls store" for years, even my size (16) in a regular store, never seem to fit right.

My size 16 pants are waay too big these days, and thats great, I have some "big girl" 14's that fit in the waist but are HUGH everywhere else, but I didnt want to go shopping till I was a least another size smaller.

I tried on some regular missus 14's about 2 weeks ago & they DID fit, just didnt look good ( I blame the material lol)

Today , my beautiful, skinny (size 7-8) 17yr old came home with a masssive pile of jeans & skirts that her friend gave her. They were all waay too big for her but there was 1 pair she insisted I try on.

So I did. OMG they FIT, and not only did they fit they looked GOOD. What size you ask? Now remember this is NOT a PLUS size, NOT even a MISSUS, I fit my 48yr old *kitten* into a size 14 from the JUNIORS DEPT!!!!!

I can shop in the same dept as my daughter. AND, if I DO say so myself, MY *kitten* LOOKS FABULOUS!!!!

The other jeans are all 12's & 10's I told her to hang on to them, I'll fit in them next!

Replies

• Nolalee
    Nolalee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes! Your story makes me smile!!! GREAT JOB!!!!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hurray! Now that's a NSV I'm looking forward to hitting someday!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    YESSSSS! The best part is, YOU made it happen! Congratulations!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    WTG! That's great. I am already feeling a difference in my clothes..... and IT FEELS SO GOOD! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS POST!!! SO freakin' happy for you and I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!!! Awesome job, happy shopping! :bigsmile:
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    That made me smile!!!!!! You definitely have something to be happy about :-)
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That is so unbelievably fabulous! Great job! You will be in those size 10s in no time!!!! :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV! WOW!
  • XBabigrl72
    XBabigrl72 Posts: 88
    Options
    Not that I'm not happy for you because I am, it's great that you can fit in the juniors. But I would NOT want my mom wearing clothes that I would wear.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Whoot! :drinker: <--- Here's to you!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Truly AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
  • aubeelynn
    aubeelynn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's great - congratulations!! :)
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That is great and Kudos to your daughter for believing in you!
  • laceylovespink
    Options
    what a good day for you! What brand were they??
  • mimi1924
    mimi1924 Posts: 14
    Options
    LOL!!!!! Good for you!! And yes, good idea to hang on to the 10's and 12's.
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! =)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    THAT IS AN NSV!!!!
  • feliciapeters
    feliciapeters Posts: 525
    Options
    what a good day for you! What brand were they??

Paris Blues. A little lower cut in the waist than I normally wear, but I'll get used to them. I may wear them to work tomorrow LOL
  • rusty61
    rusty61 Posts: 23
    Options
    That's terrific! And what a great daughter you have!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!