Only 4ft of snow outside. Need motivation

Options
I am from Northern Pennsylvania. It's cold & snowy and it's hard to get up and self motivate.

Replies

• tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm from Western PA and we've got a lot of snow, too. I like to shovel so it's actually good exercise for me (means I'll skip cardio that day). February in Pennsylvania is a tough month to get through. But we have to remember that it won't last long- March arrives THIS SUNDAY! Which means spring flowers will be blooming in a few weeks and then it will be shorts and tank top season before we know it.

Now is the time to get moving and get in shape. You can do it!
  • tekkiechikk
    Options
    I'm from Western PA and we've got a lot of snow, too. I like to shovel so it's actually good exercise for me (means I'll skip cardio that day). February in Pennsylvania is a tough month to get through. But we have to remember that it won't last long- March arrives THIS SUNDAY! Which means spring flowers will be blooming in a few weeks and then it will be shorts and tank top season before we know it.

• tekkiechikk
    Options

• wonderbolt_in_training
    Options
    I'm from Boston, the city still hasn't recovered from the record blizzards and our public transit is still messed up! We've been on national news. Over 100" of snow over a period of two weeks! It's madness and my usual 30 minute walk to the gym has become over an hour of ankle-breaking goodness, so I'm having a hard time getting out, too. you're not alone! I did just buy a chin-up bar to see how I like P90x at home, so we'll see how that pans out :)
  • mike3670
    Options
    Dude good luck with the weight-loss! It is snowing everywhere here in Virginia too!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I'm up in Maine, my area doesn't have as much as Boston does but there are places up here that have the same or more.

Suck it up and do it if it's something that matters to you.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    The irony. I am from Northern Canada and we have had the " Pineapple Express " blowing in all winter. My driveway is black, the streets are clean down to the asphalt, the running-walking trails are like late fall conditions so it is great for running. Its about -5c when it normally would be -20c with 3-4 ft of snow. What you have is what we live in daily during our winter. Of course we are used to it so have special Winter Tires for our vehicles that bite through snow and ice plus lots of winter clothing . The bad part for us is the outdoor skating rinks are in bad shape ( not cold enough for good ice ) and the ski hills are short of snow - more like skating rinks than ski hills.