ughhh!

Options
Feeling discouraged! I see all these people who have lost weight SO fast and though, I'm losing weight, it's so slow! I know we are all different and our bodies are different but, I wish this weight would just fall off me!
I started at 276 on 2/15/11
Today I'm 260.4! What? That's it! Boooo!

I'll feel better when I hit the 20lbs mark...

Replies

• skinnybitch1987
    Options
    Can I ask what kind of diet you are following? just calorie counting?

Everyone is different, and not every eating plan works for everyone, so if your loss has slowed, I would try switching your eating plan up, going all in and eliminating all those "cheats". They hold us back more than we think.

I also need to add that we didn't gain our weight in 6 months, and we can't lose it all in 6 months either. When I feel like I'm stalling, I just go hardcore, and also remember that Rome wasn't built in a day, and right now, Rome is my hot body.lol.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    are you working out too??? Your diary is closed, so can't offer any constructive critism there, but just re-look at your diet and re-think your working out. I'm sure there is room for improvement! ( i know there is in mine! lol) Also, some people do just lose slower, be patient and just keep doing the right things. It WILL come off....
  • Jillatha
    Jillatha Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started at 251 and lost 1-2lbs a week until it all came off which it did, aslong as the numbers are going down that is what is important!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Don't stress too much, that slows things down too, just keep pushing and really look at what you are eating and the workouts you are doing and make small adjustments until it starts working for you. Also make sure you are getting a lot of water. :)
  • carolinenp
    carolinenp Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just opened my diary.
  • CKMama81
    CKMama81 Posts: 50
    Options
    That's almost 1.5lbs a week!! That's an awesome accomplishment!! Totally nothing to be disappointed about at all. I've had a slow weight loss as well. It's taken me since January of last year to lose 50lbs...whereas I've seen people dropping 50lbs in 6/7 months. It really does just come down to your body's makeup. Like the PP said...as long as you continue to lose and get healthy..that's all that really matters!
  • carolinenp
    Options
    That's almost 1.5lbs a week!! That's an awesome accomplishment!! Totally nothing to be disappointed about at all. I've had a slow weight loss as well. It's taken me since January of last year to lose 50lbs...whereas I've seen people dropping 50lbs in 6/7 months. It really does just come down to your body's makeup. Like the PP said...as long as you continue to lose and get healthy..that's all that really matters!
    Aww thanks! Keep up the good work as well!
  • carolinenp
    Options
    Aww thanks! Keep up the good work as well!
  • carolinenp
    Options
    I just opened my diary for all to see. I forget to log water because I drink so much of it at work that if I did that, I would probably be out of a job because my days would be spent on MFP. haha
  • ladybird10
    ladybird10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what you mean. I have been trying to lose weight since mid October and I have only lost 18 pounds total. I know I probably could have did a better job on my diet and exercise sooner, but it is still annoying that it is taking forever. I now am trying to work out more and eat healthier. But whenever I get super frustrated, I remember that it is better to have spent these last few months losing 18 pounds than gaining 18 pounds. Don't give up! Stick in there!