You can make it!

Options
kazhomuhsin
kazhomuhsin Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2015 in Success Stories
So I will start telling my story from the beginning. I was overweight since I was 9. I was always told by my family that it's okay to be overweight. I entered college and I gained more weight and still people told me it's okay. By people I mean my family and friends. I would always hear phrases like, "oh you are just big boned." "Oh you are naturally overweight" "Oh you can't lose weight if you try it will be only for two weeks."

I was accomplishing a lot in college; High GPA, Student of the Year, Editor for the University's Newspaper, Representer of the university in many international and national events. But, I was still uncomfortable going out to see people. Whenever someone complimented my work or my look I would still feel low because I would think they were making fun of me.

Then, on Spetember 9th 2014 I decided to start a diet, a healthy one, and change my life style. It was hard the first two weeks and lots of people said I should stop it's impossible to be healthy in this culture (as if the culture makes us toxic). But I kept going.

My starting weight was 82 kilos (180.4 Ibs). Now, 5 months after, I weight 61 kilos (133.2 Ibs). I have lost 21 kilos (46.2 Ibs). I lead a healthy life, and I'm much happier now.

I have had my share of bad days when I wanted to stop, but then I would think I will never be able to make the change that I want; and this would reflect or show my attitude towards other aspects of life.

I'm really happy now physically, mentally and emotionally satisfied. I feel like I have accomplished another goal of mine.

So, if you are out there and need a success story or a bit of motivation, I hope this gives you some hope and motivation to move on.

Replies

• happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well done on achieving your goal! I'm glad you didn't listen to those naysayers. I wish I would have got my weight under control years ago. You're smart to do it at a young age.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    great work! I have your starting weight and my goal weight is similar to yours, could you share some tips, your diet,,,etc. :)
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    wow well done x
  • jpf011
    jpf011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great Job
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    what an inspiring story! way to go! never ever let anyone tells you "You can't" - showing them what you were able to do on your own just proved thema ll wrong! Congratulations! and more power to you. Now tell me EXACTLY how you did it so I can copy you :) hahaha jk! we do have the same start weight and goal weight - so doing all that in 5 months is REALLY motivating!
  • csylva
    csylva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing your story, you made such great progress in a short time any tips you'd like to share? So glad you didn't let the negativity derail your goals..you're an inspiration ☺️
  • kazhomuhsin
    kazhomuhsin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all For your support. Your words keep me going and focused. And I would love to share tips and ways in which I have achieved this. Please if any of you needs help as some of you asked, just message me and I would be more than happy to share my plan with you... :)
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Tis is an awesome story, thank you very much for sharing it. You are amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!