Feeling amazing and just wanted to share :) Fairly long post :/

Options
Hiya all,

I highly doubt this will be of any interest to anybody on here but I am in such a good place at the minute I just had to share! (sorry if it is a bit all over the place!)

So I have been a serial yo-yo dieter for approx 10 years. I have done it all: Slimming World, WW, Keto/Atkins, diet pills, detox teas etc.

Upon entering 2015 I woke up and decided this was my year. Time to cut all of that *kitten* out and focus on living a healthy lifestyle rather than living on a constant diet.

I have never been a heavy drinker but decided as a start to cut out my 'Friday Wine Night'. I haven't been fussed about having any since and even out for meals I have opted for water over fizzy pops!

Over the years I have tried diets, joined fitness classes and then FINALLY realised neither of these work on there own, I need the combination!! Derrrrr!!!
So, I decided to take a good look a what I have been eating and it wasn't all bad - I have been using MFP to log for a few months any way so was already eating better than I ever had! - apart from my sugar addiction.
I would constantly stick a few cookie in my mouth without thinking, throw a spoon of sugar in my tea, dig in to a pot of Nutella or binge on my 4 year olds treat tin!
Around comes Lent and I decided to take part in the Lent sugar challenge and I can proudly say I am on day 8 with no biscuits, sweets, chocolate, sugar, cake...it has been ropey but I am really starting to feel so much better!

Team that with joining the local gym 2 weeks ago and I am on top of the world!

I have been hitting the gym for 2 weeks, taking a couple of rest days and I am falling in love with it!
I am currently doing 15 mins cardio to warm up followed by an all-over body workout, (squats, leg press, lat raises, bicep curls, glute bridges, shoulder press blah blah blah) followed by 10 mins of HIIT on the rower.

I have actually gained 1.5lbs since adopting this healthier routine but you know what? I am not overly concerned....I am eating right, training and drinking more water than ever so the weight/fat/inches can come off when they are ready.

Right now I am just enjoying living!!!

Replies

• icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Go you!

It's great that you are already feeling better and noticing a positive difference. I am a sugar addict too so I know how tough it is to give it up.

Well done and thanks for sharing - very motivating!
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Sounds like you have the idea of a "change in lifestyle" down pat! Best of luck with your goals!
  • clovelyday
    clovelyday Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I am also trying to pull back from the meat and sugar. My husband has a big sweet tooth (but doesn't gain weight) he offers his bag of sweets and I have recently learned to say no and mean it.
  • Bex_2584
    Bex_2584 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the first 3 days were hell and a really wanted to reach for a chocolate bar but instead chose painkillers for my 'sugar headache' and downed another bottle of water.. each day is easier but I honestly think you have to be in the right frame of mind.

If I can do it anyone can!!!

Like I said, I have been 'dieting' for years but only now am I in the right place and doing it in the right way :)

Happy days!!
  • helenmap
    helenmap Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done and thanks, sometimes one needs to read about how well it's going for others to keep that motivation going!
  • bellissimom
    bellissimom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love Lent even though I'm not Christian.
    Lent gives me a small window for self-improvement as opposed to the endless year of New Year resolutions.

This year I've focused on healthy eating and exercise. I'm basically making an effort not to be a glutton. No sweets or unhealthy treats and no alcohol. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's not.
    I focus on how awesome I will look and feel in 40 days( lent is 46 days this year BTW)
    So far I've lost 3 lbs and notice that my baby belly has diminished. Now I look forward to the end result knowing it'll be spring and I'll look great in shorts, skirts and tank tops :smiley:

The hardest part is the last few days. Hang in there!
  • Bex_2584
    Bex_2584 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love Lent even though I'm not Christian.
    Lent gives me a small window for self-improvement as opposed to the endless year of New Year resolutions.

This year I've focused on healthy eating and exercise. I'm basically making an effort not to be a glutton. No sweets or unhealthy treats and no alcohol. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's not.
    I focus on how awesome I will look and feel in 40 days( lent is 46 days this year BTW)
    So far I've lost 3 lbs and notice that my baby belly has diminished. Now I look forward to the end result knowing it'll be spring and I'll look great in shorts, skirts and tank tops :smiley:

The hardest part is the last few days. Hang in there!

46 days???? Didn't realise that when I signed up to this hahah!

Well done on the 3lb loss!

Seriously though, I am hoping if I can get through the month I can do it forever.

Good luck everyone!

My aim was to put a little bit of positivity out there to encourage people to stick at there goals!