MOTIVATION

Options
I've managed to lose 11 pounds with MFP and daily exercise but i feel I've hit a wall, with lack of motivation all of a sudden.
does anyone have any tips on how to stay motivated when you hit a plateau?
thanks x

Replies

• MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Setting up realistic goals and doing what ever it takes to accertain them. Perseverance is my favorite word.

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...not through strength, but through persistance."
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    How long has your plateau been? Before I used mfp, I had a 3 week plateau, I decided to look at what I was eating and made simple changes. Since I've used mfp I've never had a stall.

Just don't ever get discouraged.
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've been on five weeks and have only lost 13 lbs just changed my mcros around and holding this will work better just keep trying it gets better I think lol
  • ashtonladkins
    ashtonladkins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try to remember why you wanted to lose weight to begin with... what was that driving factor?

For me personally, I was hating having my picture taken. I have almost zero pictures of me with my daughters and it was starting to break my heart. I looked back at pictures of myself when I was at my goal weight and it inspired me to get to that weight again.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    For me, the clothes and the pictures are an awesome side benefit, but my initial motivation was to be able to stand up, hunker down, walk from the far end of the parking lot, go hiking, walk faster, etc. The pictures and the clothes give me a huge boost when I get frustrated, as does remembering not being able to stand up without pain, or hunker down.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within.

And another cliche quote that is just as true, fake it 'til you make it.
    My motivation has come and gone, but I just have to keep at it even when I don't really want to.