only 15?

Options
I'm 130 lbs. About 5'3" and I just need to know if it will be enough to lose 15 lbs...will I be smaller or will I only be smaller in some places?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    just depends on how your body loses weight. ive lost 21 pounds, and its all from the waist up.

you can not spot reduce. you can tone and do strength training if you just want certain areas to LOOK better (legs, arms, whatever)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no way for any of us to answer that accurately, other than to say "yes."
  • bmj2015
    bmj2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and have similar goals. Based on previous experience in my own body, losing 15 pounds has been enough to make me look smaller everywhere. But, as people said above, it also depends on how your body loses weight.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm 130 lbs. About 5'3" and I just need to know if it will be enough to lose 15 lbs...will I be smaller or will I only be smaller in some places?

I started at a higher weight than you but after losing 17 lbs:
    waist is 4" smaller
    hips are 2" smaller
    neck is 1" smaller
    thighs are 3/4" smaller
    calves are 1" smaller
    (my chest is getting smaller but I didn't measure there)

So I got smaller all over but some areas changed more noticeably than others. I have more weight to lose but I expect that my legs and hip area will not get much smaller now because they were not overly large to begin with.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Absent a crystal ball, there is no way to know this for sure. As an anecdote, though, I'm 5'4" and going from 130 to 115 drops me from about a size 4 to a 0 and a cup size or two as well. It's definitely noticeable.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm your weight and height and I'd look skeletal at 115 pounds. I have a large frame and a fair bit of muscle. In other words, we're all built differently and our genetics will have us losing fat in different places at different points along the scale.

Rather than aiming to lose 15 pounds you might want to look into strength training instead. It's what I'm doing this time around. I'm replacing fat with muscle which is smaller by weight. I'm weighing in the low 130s but wearing the same clothes I was wearing at 122. A co-worker recently guessed my weight at 118. Personally, I'd rather look 118 than have to eat little enough to maintain that weight. :)