Not losing any weight

Options
Hi there, I'm currently attempting to lose weight and overall just be a healthier, happier me. However, I haven't seen any process what so ever. My weight is consistently at 170 lbs although I've been working on eating healthier and have been working out moderately when I have the time for a few weeks. My workouts consist of videos like boot camp calorie burn and Jillian micheals 30 day shred. What do you suggest I do? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! Read the stickies at the of the "getting started" board. this one is good

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Best wishes!!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Have you been accurately counting calories? You can eat as healthily as you like and do lots of exercise, but if you're not in a calorie deficit you won't lose weight. If you are counting, are you weighing everything or estimating?
  • gabbanava
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I try to keep my calorie intake between 1200-1300.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    how long have u been working at it?
  • DCLittle42
    DCLittle42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've found that you can't measure by weight alone. My scale does weight and fat mass. I also do weekly measures of neck, arms, chest, waist, hips and thighs. I find that your body, like it does for other things, will take the fat from your extremities first.

Keep track of your calories, especially the non-mealtime ones. The calories suggested on MyFitnesspal are what you eat to maintain your weight. For example, for me it says 2120 calories a day. I aim for 1500-1800.
    Drink more water.
    Get Sleep. I find if I don't get at least 7 hours, I don't lose weight.
    Stop eating refined sugars
    Stop drinking soda (even diet) and sugary drinks.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    gabbanava wrote: »
    I forgot to mention that I try to keep my calorie intake between 1200-1300.

How do you know this?

• gabbanava
    Options
    I make sure to everything in regards to portion size of packages. Usually scanning everything on here. I don't weigh it tho which is probably the probably. What a noob. @queenliz99‌ thanks for that article. I definitely bookmarked it. @DemoraFairy‌ I am measuring but in cups, tablespoons, etc. I think I'm going to look into weighing. Thanks for bringing that into mind. @jenncornelsen‌ it's been two months. @DCLittle42‌ thanks for the tips. I think I'm going to work on a plan to stay on top of things.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I make sure to everything in regards to portion size of packages. Usually scanning everything on here. I don't weigh it tho which is probably the probably. What a noob. @queenliz99‌ thanks for that article. I definitely bookmarked it. @DemoraFairy‌ I am measuring but in cups, tablespoons, etc. I think I'm going to look into weighing. Thanks for bringing that into mind. @jenncornelsen‌ it's been two months. @DCLittle42‌ thanks for the tips. I think I'm going to work on a plan to stay on top of things.

Yeah, that's probably your problem. There was a video posted yesterday in another thread (can't find it now, unfortunately) that showed the difference between what a 'cup' actually was in grams, and how that looked in a measuring cup. It showed how most people would measure a cup of something as being slightly above the rim, whereas the actual amount was leveled off about 1cm below the rim. In one snack it could add nearly 200 extra calories. So yeah, as you say, definitely start weighing things!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's probably your problem. There was a video posted yesterday in another thread (can't find it now, unfortunately) that showed the difference between what a 'cup' actually was in grams, and how that looked in a measuring cup. It showed how most people would measure a cup of something as being slightly above the rim, whereas the actual amount was leveled off about 1cm below the rim. In one snack it could add nearly 200 extra calories. So yeah, as you say, definitely start weighing things!

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    If you're not weighing your food, you have no idea what you're really eating.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you hit a calorie deficit.....