no room to work out

Options
i need suggestions or links (youtube perhaps?) for good work outs that take very little space. and i do mean very little. i have maybe a "snow angel" amount of free space in my room. (meaning i, who is 5'9, could probably do a snow angel in my floor but thats the extent of the free space i have). its cold and snowy outside so im stuck inside.

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Can you move your furniture at all? I'm not sure it's a good idea to do much more than squats and pushups without more clearance. Jumping jacks, maybe, but you might hurt yourself.

It's cold where I am, too, but walking outside isn't the worst thing in the world if you have a good coat and boots.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Lesli sansone on youtube does walking indoors. You only need to walk on the spot if you have no more room than that. There is more to it than just walking. Knee lifts, kickbacks and lots of other exercises incorporated with the walking. Fitness Blender on youtube too do loads of different exefcises from Yoga, Pilates and kettlebell workouts. They are also very good.
  • Grubworm1943
    Grubworm1943 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Can you move your furniture at all?

not really. well i COULD. itd be a work out within itself. but itd take a lot to rearrange things. and id have to do it daily because i wouldnt be able to keep it that way and still have access to everything the rest of the day.
  • Grubworm1943
    Grubworm1943 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    Lesli sansone on youtube does walking indoors. You only need to walk on the spot if you have no more room than that. There is more to it than just walking. Knee lifts, kickbacks and lots of other exercises incorporated with the walking. Fitness Blender on youtube too do loads of different exefcises from Yoga, Pilates and kettlebell workouts. They are also very good.

thanks! ill check these out!
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I don't think the 30 day shred (you tube) takes up much room. You need space to do jumping jacks and to lie down for sit ups, but that's about it.
  • elphabawicked18
    elphabawicked18 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i need suggestions or links (youtube perhaps?) for good work outs that take very little space. and i do mean very little. i have maybe a "snow angel" amount of free space in my room. (meaning i, who is 5'9, could probably do a snow angel in my floor but thats the extent of the free space i have). its cold and snowy outside so im stuck inside.

Did you check out the dance games? Some of them have videos on youtube, I think, and some do not require that much space. Even when they do, you can do the moves in one spot instead of moving. Try finding "Limbo" workout choreography from Just Dance 2014. That one song does about 35-40 calories for me.

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Look into getting yourself some kettle bells. Very versatile and they require very little space for most movements.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    can you join a gym?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

make free space.
    join a gym.
    workout outside.

Excuses aren't helpful.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender.com I like the warm up/cool down yoga videos.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Oh girl, that is about how much space I have,actually if I lay down with my arms out for the angel I don't have it. I managed to find many you tube videos from Jilian, Bob, Jessica Smith, Tiffany Rothe, Fitness Blender that doesn't require much space and some you can alter the that move if need be.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Going outside for a walk really isn't all that bad. If you wear lots of layers, a hat, a scarf, gloves, good boots, etc. I actually kind of enjoy it if it's not TOO cold. This morning it was 10 degrees with a "feels like" of -12. I didn't go out.

What about joining a gym?

30 day shred or something like that. It mostly has you do cardio moves like jumping jacks, knee highs (whatever they're called) butt kicks etc
  • James1935
    James1935 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone DVDs and Jillian Michaels 30 day shed and ripped in 30....don't need a lot of room. I used them all the time in my tiny place
  • stephanie1x2
    stephanie1x2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can try running up and down your stairs for a few minutes :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    too cold and snowy Get a grip. I live WAY up Nothry, past the Artic circle at the end of the road (in a place called Inuvik) -40 days were not unusual-and -40 is the same in C or F. and it was dark in the winter!
    So dress well. long underwear, pants, ski pants, shirt, sweatshirt, jacket, hat mitts scarf, decent boot.
    Go walking or shovel snow.
    Really I was pregnant-and had a 1 and 3 year old and we went out.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Get a suspension system. They aren't that expensive (WOSS makes one for $30) and you can due every body part with it.

http://www.woss.com/sample-exercises/

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    On You Tube, Jessica Smith has workouts for places like hotel rooms.
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Burpees, mountain climbers, squats, pushups, jump rope (with or without the rope, same movement), lunges, Romanian deadlifts, planks, running/walking in place, dance, sit ups. I, personally, can't stand DVD type workouts, they just drive me nuts, but I put on music and do resistance and cardio and I don't need but a 6' x 6' space, which sound like about the amount of room you have.
  • iankirsch
    iankirsch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Plank and chair dips?