Binge

Options
Ok, so I had a horrible weekend that just passed. Literaly ate pizza, drank pop, at jalepeno poppers, BBQ chicken. I didnt binge like I use to before my weight loss journey but it was probably my most unhealthy weekend in the last 2 months. Monday I got right back on track, today I jumped on the scale and I am down almost 4lbs. How is that possible?!?! Everyone once in a while do I need to let loose a little to see a nice result on the scale????? HELP?!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    One weekend is not going to ruin your progress. I eat light all week so I can indulge a little on the weekend. As long as you are in a deficit for the week you are good to go. :)

PS Weight loss is not linear.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    water retention and high levels of sodium were the weekend issues you had.
  • christinehuds
    christinehuds Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You're DOWN 4 pounds? Or up 4 pounds?
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    When I went to Weight watchers there was a woman who overate at least once a week I mean would go crazy and she would always lose. She said it was her way of not getting bored with her journey!! Good for you!!!!!!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Either the first two posters are reading this wrong or I am. So you weighed before the weekend, eat loads, then weighed after and lost 4lbs, right? That's how I'm reading it. Or did you weigh after the weekend, were 4lbs higher than you expected, then lose 4lbs since then?
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I also ate a lot, drank a lot of beer, vodka and just ate a lot over my calories for couple of days. Though i dont weigh myself, within a few days i can tell i've put on a thin layer of fat. Serratus, upper obliques and abs dont show as well and the pinch test feels like there is a little thicker layer in these areas.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    wait....the foods you listed...are they bad?
  • sikorak
    Options
    I have seen this happen to me - sometimes when I binge but get back on track the next day, I will see quicker results... I don't know what it is but just stay on track as much as possible and you will be doing great!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    How is it possible? Because the body is not a computer where 2+2=4 perfectly. For a variety of reasons, ranging from the ol' "diet break" principle to just you thinking you ate more than you did, you can drop weight following more eating than normal. You might find that doing this periodically WILL help your weight loss goals.

I would question it as a "binge" though.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    yup i have had this halppen as well! but then agian i have had the opposite happen so who knows!
  • crazygreenlady
    Options
    For some people, running a calorie deficit for long periods of time will send their body into "starvation mode". It slows your metabolism down, which means you're burning fewer calories. If you throw in a high calorie day once in a while, it will send a message to your body that there is plenty of food to be had, firing up your metabolism and accelerating your weight loss. If you had stuck really closely to a low-calorie plan for 2 months, this is a possibility. You might consider adding a high calorie day every couple of weeks (or every month, whatever works for you) to help prevent the depression of your metabolism. It's good for your emotional health, too, to let yourself indulge a bit.

16305308.png