Foods low in calories that still fill you up

Options
Any idea of foods low in calories that will still fill you up? Started calorie diet and when eating and reach goal of calories to have a day I still feel hungry.

Replies

• healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my favorite!
  • tmg446
    tmg446 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (no sugar added) is my go to fill-up, low calorie snack and you can mix an endless amount of things with it.
  • drmommy56
    Options
    How many calories a day are you eating?
  • JasonH_DFW
    JasonH_DFW Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    celery, cabbage, raw spinich, cauliflower (makes good rice and potatoes replacement). Slushies over Mio + xanthum gum really help with sweet touth.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Dannon greek yogurt is only 80 calories with about 12 grams of protein.
  • mathgirl27
    Options
    I made quinoa stuffed peppers the other night that are massive and less than 200 calories.

http://www.cookingquinoa.net/quinoa-stuffed-peppers-2/

I altered ingredients to my preferences. Another thing I found helpful was making sure to drink an entire glass of water throughout dinner, that fills you up more than you realize!
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fruits, veggies and (my personal favorite) popcorn!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and yogurt mixed together are my go-to.
    Tuna, or chicken added to salad greens would be next on my list.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!!!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my go-to as well, but if you have some more calories available then apple slices with peanut butter will really fill you up.
  • Andria_vfg08
    Options
    drmommy56 wrote: »
    How many calories a day are you eating?
    1490 calories a day is my target. I did just start exercising at the gym recently and been going every other day just for a week now. Body still getting used to that but I guess that can help a bit losing some calories to be able to eat a little more a day. I am battling fibromyalgia though too so it can be difficult at the gym. Hoping thing's get easier with that. But I do still feel hungry otherwise.

• Sn0wy71
    Sn0wy71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well see if you can get hold of these noodles ...... these have the lowest carb in a product like this I have found :

Nutrition Facts: (per 100g of noodles)
    Energy 8kcal
    Protein 0.3
    Fat 0.1
    Carbohydrate 0.1
    Sugars 0.1
    Dietary Fibre 3.4g
    Sodium 2mg

https://www.barenakedfoods.co.uk/products/noodles/10-x-barenaked-noodles
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Another vote for popcorn here. I like adding nutritional yeast for flavour and added protein.

Veggies are also good, but sometimes raw veggies make me more hungry (what?! I know). Eating them with hummus / high protein pitas helps. In fact, adding veggies to beans or even pasta helps create a satisfying meal while cutting the cals.

Drinking liquids while eating is a great tip, I like to try a break mid-dinner to drink a glass of water or tea. I think room temp is better for your digestion (at least in my case).
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like Carrots with zero cal ranch.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    learn to love vegetables! Seriously! You can eat 3 to 5 servings of green vegetables like broccoli, spinach, zucchini, green beans, ect...and the calories are around 85 to 120 depending on what you choose. That's for 3 to 5 servings! Thats a lot of food! Go for the greens :smiley:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What kind of food do you like...make low cal versions

Eg I really like chilli ...so now I make a vegetable version with squash, courgettes, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes and other veg, eat 500g over 100g rice with 10g grated cheese for under 300 calories ..hugely filling

But really it depends how many calories and the food you like and where you are happy to make concessions

Like I wouldn't eat diet ice cream but a real icecream worked into my lower cal day is satisfying
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    plain chicken with hot sauce.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has lots of recipes ...can recommend the salmon fish cakes and the chicken cacciatore crock pot but you can take virtually any recipe and lower cal it
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash.
  • RainyDaysAgain
    RainyDaysAgain Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mini cucumbers from Costco. They have a great crunch, and are very portable. I also like popcorn.