how should I log.....?

Options
sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
how should i log walking/jogging
i walked up the hills and then jogged on the straight paths...
for 40 mins
how should i log this?

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    in the exercise section enter walking and a group of things should come up with a drop down menu and you can pick from there. I don't know for positive if I'm right on this.

And by the way, welcome to this great place!
  • sarah307
    Options
    lol thanks - i know to log exercises though ha :)
    i meant - what should i log it as???

cause the options are like walking 3.0 brisk pace or running whatever... since i did a combo and with hills was wondering what would be the most accurate way to log it? lol
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Is it really going to make a big difference which one you log it as?
  • calequestrian
    calequestrian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

I use this alot to find certain things.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'd calculate the distance & time to figure out what the average pace was, and enter as close to that as possible. IE, if you did 3 miles in 40 minutes, you'd have been going an average of 4.5 mph.

And since there was hills, I'd round up a little. :wink:
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    well, I tried a little c25K start today. I walked 22 of the 30 minutes and ran 8 of the 30. When I logged them separately it only gave me 173 calories but the treadmill calculations (which are actually pretty accurate for a lower end treadmill) said 205.5. Not a huge difference (only 32 calories) and I know that I had it set at 1.5 incline which was not taken into account for the calculations on MFP and WAS taken into account for the treadmill's calculations. So That's how I set it up. I logged walking time and running time separately. Dunno if this helps you or not.
    When I was walking/running outside, I used a garmin roadrunner gps and a heart rate monitor and let it calculate everything ... LOL
  • sarah307
    Options
    Thanks! I just dont have my HRM yet so i wasn't sure !!
  • sarah307
    Options
    Is it really going to make a big difference which one you log it as?

yes cause running burns more than walking uphill and i dont want to over or under estimate cals burned.