breakfast ideas

Options
Hi guys I am not much of a breakfast eater. I need some fast easy breakfast ideas. I am finding myself hungry because I don't eat breakfast so I over eat at lunch and dinner. Also so snack ideas looking for something munchy.

Replies

• StellaElla14
    Options
    I love Yogurt Yoplait Source has a few different kinds of 35 calorie per servings yogurts. You can get them in 650g tubs or single serving cups.
  • 4ME77
    4ME77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree you need to EAT breakfast...I like having oatmeal (not instant), you can pre make it & add berries & cinnamon. It'll stick with you and keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal. GOOD LUCK
  • tlbev2015
    Options
    Pinkerton you sound like me. I just don't get hungry until 10:00, eat minimally at work but pig out at home in evenings. I am trying to change this. started eating breakfast but I've heard this is best to do within 45 minutes of waking. I'm doing 2 Brown~n Serve Sausages for protein and 1 Whole Grain Blueberry Waffle for a little carb these have great flavor. SNACKs are definitely my downfall. I like to make homemade popped corn with Olive Oil then I can control salt & flavor...i like to sprinkle tiny amount of powdered Ranch dressing (like you'd buy to make Ranch dip with sour cream). Wheat Thins with Hommus to keep with carb+protein. lots and lots of ice cold water is a must
  • joest73
    joest73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been sticking with 2 eggs, white only with cheese sandwich and greek yogurt. I try to stick to 600-700 cal for breakfast and lunch and have enough left for a decent dinner.
  • pittsburgh412
    pittsburgh412 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    - scrambled eggs (1 whole egg and 2 egg whites) with half a grape fruit
    - Wheat bagel or toast with 1 tbsp peanut butter or fat free cream cheese and a side of fruit
    - oatmeal (with strawberries, bananas, or blueberries and 1tbsp stevia or Splenda)
    - yogurt parfait (100 cal Greek yogurt any flavor add fruit and granola)
    - pancakes (put 1/3 cup of oats in a blender with 1 egg white , 1/3 cup of yogurt ,1/8 cup almond milk... Or any milk,1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla. Blend ingredients , heat up skillet before pouring mixture. Makes about 4 pancakes) top with light syrup
    -
  • pinkertonvickie
    Options
    tlbev2015 I know where you are coming from about not eating until 10am. If I eat before 10am I am hungry all day long. Then I feel like I cant get satisfied at all. This morning I did well I ate a tuna salad sandwich and it seemed to hold me well until I had lunch.
  • ahokay89
    ahokay89 Posts: 353
    Options
    breakfast egg cups!

Get some ingredients together. I made some with egg whites, diced ham, spinach, onion and cheese. I did 2 egg whites per muffin tin and then the other ingredients. You can mix it up with whatever you want and figure out the info of course. The ones I did are 64cal, 1.3 fat 8 carbs and 20.3 protein per cup.
  • cruegypsy
    cruegypsy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    following
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I am like 4ME77, I have a little microwave pot from Pampered Chef. I make oatmeal in it most mornings and eat right out of the pot. So easy in the microwave! I add raisins, cranberries, walnuts, fruit spreads to add some variety. It is good for you and I don't get as hungry as with other things I eat for breakfast.

I also precook hardboiled eggs so I can have one for a mid morning snack if I get hungry before lunch.

If you like oatmeal or some other cooked cereal you can do in the microwave, I would say buy one of those microwave pots. One thing to clean up and a great filling, satisfying, quick breakfast.

I really like the breakfast egg cup idea, too. I may try them sometime myself when I have time to make something ahead of time.

I cook other things when I have time, but cold cereal doesn't do it for me and I usually need something quick.

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I am not much of a breakfast eater. I need some fast easy breakfast ideas. I am finding myself hungry because I don't eat breakfast so I over eat at lunch and dinner. Also so snack ideas looking for something munchy.
    For a long time, my breakfast was a glass of skim milk (12oz) with a serving of Carnation instant breakfast, a piece of whole wheat bread, 2T peanut butter, & a banana. As I've dropped weight & had to drop calories, I've dropped the Carnation, gone to 1c milk and 1.5T PB. Sometimes I'll include a serving of nonfat yogurt, usually Greek.

Other suggestions:
    Yogurt with fruit, nuts, and 1/4c dry oatmeal.
    Hard-boiled eggs. Scrambled eggs.
    Scramble some eggs around a handful of chopped veggies, sprinkle with shredded cheese, top with salsa, roll in a tortilla.
    Toast with melted cheese.
    Oatmeal with fruit & nuts.
    Yogurt.
    A PBJ sandwich. Any sandwich, really.

Snacks:
    Baby carrots, celery, slices of bell pepper, any dipped in hummus or fat-free ranch dressing.
    Hard-boiled egg.
    Nuts.
    Yogurt.
    Fruit.
    Cheese.
    A few oz of meat - slices of last night's pot roast, boiled chicken.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My current favourite is almond and pecan pancakes with blueberry syrup. But planning on a little change tomorrow - scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. I'm a big breakfast fan!
  • chanslerryan93
    Options
    This morning I had two eggs one slice of lightly buttered whole wheat toast one cup of great grains cereal with half cup of 0 percent milk and flavored water. All 500 calories seems like a lot but breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should be the most calorie wise when it. One to your three meals.
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Over night oats! They are awesome. They soak up all the great flavour overnight! :)

You just grab them and go in the morning!

http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/overnightoats