I am 5' and around 250lbs, trying for 6' and 150lbs.

Options
I figure I'll get at least one out of two!

I have been always chubby. Was cute when I was ten, at almost 40- not so much. I am asthmatic and for years it seemed that every time I was getting weight off, I'd get sick and end up on steroids. The weight would come back and bring pals. Plus I'm a stress eater.

At the beginning of the year I stopped buying chips and cookies, and added crunchy veggies to the fridge as a promise to do better. I found myfitnesspal yesterday, and figured maybe it would help me see how it's helping, and where I can improve. I admit I want the weight gone - like yesterday, but I'd be happy if I saw improvement by my birthday in July.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, @Kanga42697 - this site is a great way to hold yourself accountable. If you log your foods and drinks accurately and honestly, you'll make better choices and find yourself losing weight.

Just logging honestly is how I went from over 200lbs to 130 (less actually, but I'm trying very hard to get back to and maintain 130). You can do this!

Some wisdom that I wish I could take credit for, but can't: Just look at this as a long-time plan. You didn't get heavy over night, so taking the weight off isn't going to happen over night. Just remember that the time is going to pass regardless of whether you're getting healthier or not. :) Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • michellelhodges123
    michellelhodges123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I've been short and ahhhh..plump, most of my life. Working at getting healthy! Feel free to add. For me this is a slow journey..lol, have issues! But..it's my journey and I'm doing it!! I just remind myself...it didn't come on overnight...it's not going off overnight! Lol..but if you find a way to add that height...spill that secret! I do round up to 5'3"... Figure that 1/2" is good enough..round up!
  • Katab4
    Katab4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and just over 40....its hard to lose weight!! We should start a group for shorter people
  • ShinyHappyMe15
    ShinyHappyMe15 Posts: 38 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 40+ and 4'11 with about 40 more pounds to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • Betsey206
    Betsey206 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome. I'm 4'11" & have another 65 lbs to lose. Be honest with yourself and keep acurate with your diary. It took years for the weight to add up so be patient and kind to yourself, you can add me to your list.