27 yr. old mom/business owner looking for support friends

Options
I am a 27-year-old mom of a 19 mo. old toddler, step-mom of three and own my own business. Really needing to get back into eating well and exercising. I did really well before my son was born when I had an exercise buddy to compete with (in a good way) for losing weight. I now have no one and would really like support from others wanting to do the same. When I see that others/friends have exercised/were under their calorie goal for the day it keeps me going. Currently have no one to join me. Husband eats whatever he wants and says I look great and don't need to lose weight(he'd say that no matter what). Any one wanna join me? :-)

-Shannon

Replies

• shiloo88
    shiloo88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2
    Current weight: 151lbs
    Goal: 120-125lbs
  • pippacain74
    Options
    Hi shannon sounds a busy life what business do you do I want to lose same amount as you I am desk bound so not much exercise for me. To me it doesnt matter whst other half says you want it for you. I got a dress of ebay today made me look a busty tub ! Boo should be motivation for me I guess
    pippa x
  • shiloo88
    Options
    Pippa,

I own a reforestation company
  • pippacain74
    Options
    Is that planting trees ?
  • shiloo88
    Options
    Wow that's bizarre, I wrote a big long thing and all it wrote was part of my first sentence. Dang it! Yes, we replant logged units, get rid of noxious vegetation, stream restoration, burn logged units and piles, etc. It's unfortunate it didn't put the whole message I wrote.
  • pippacain74
    Options
    Sounds pretty active I bet you burn loads of calories doing that. Rewarding too as it will all look better. Sat in an office is not physically toring hutbit mentality drson you so gues what I dont exercise
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Added shiloo88
  • shiloo88
    Options
    Well I use to Pippa... Now I'm home (all this was in the msg it didn't post correctly) full time with my son. It's hard not to eat when you have everything at your fingertips 24/7. Then of course getting the motivation to exercise in the small free time I have! I'm sure you know that feeling!
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Shiloo88 I know where you are coming from. I'm a mom of 4 boys, yes, that's 4 boys. 10, 8, 3, & 15 months. I work fulltime and my husband owns his own construction company. So, I actually have 4 jobs, Senior Securities Trader, Mom, Wife, and Bookkeeper. You would think that I would be skinny minny, but no dice. I lost 40 lbs before I got pregnant with my youngest. I gained 50 lbs again (did with all of them) and I've been thankful to pump for him so I did lose about 30 lbs of it by just doing that. Now I'm trying to get back into a routine. It seemed so easy last time, but this time, not so much. I've began with watching what I'm eating and then I'm gradually starting to add in exercises. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be since I'm running in 100 different directions pretty much every night. My goal this year is to run 4 5k races and 1 8k (coming up in April....scary!! lol).
    I'm 5'4"
    Weight 163 lbs
    Goal Weight 145 lbs

So, let's get to it!! Add me if you want :)
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We're the same age, and my son will be 2 in June.
  • pippacain74
    Options
    Yes I agree its so hard I have been looking what I do have to burn 300 cals a day in theory if 3500 cals burnt equals a pound every 12 days I would lose a pound its a theory anyway .awolf you sound like you have your hands full with 4 boys.are you tempted to try for a girl awolf ?
  • shiloo88
    Options
    awolf2011 wrote: »
    Shiloo88 I know where you are coming from. I'm a mom of 4 boys, yes, that's 4 boys. 10, 8, 3, & 15 months. I work fulltime and my husband owns his own construction company. So, I actually have 4 jobs, Senior Securities Trader, Mom, Wife, and Bookkeeper. You would think that I would be skinny minny, but no dice. I lost 40 lbs before I got pregnant with my youngest. I gained 50 lbs again (did with all of them) and I've been thankful to pump for him so I did lose about 30 lbs of it by just doing that. Now I'm trying to get back into a routine. It seemed so easy last time, but this time, not so much. I've began with watching what I'm eating and then I'm gradually starting to add in exercises. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be since I'm running in 100 different directions pretty much every night. My goal this year is to run 4 5k races and 1 8k (coming up in April....scary!! lol).
    I'm 5'4"
    Weight 163 lbs
    Goal Weight 145 lbs

So, let's get to it!! Add me if you want :)

***Wow you have a lot going on! I got to my goal weight before my wedding in 2012 and was 10-12 lbs from it last yr. after losing weight again after my son but now I'm back up, again! Gah! Running is my go to for exercise!
  • shiloo88
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Feel free to add me! We're the same age, and my son will be 2 in June.

Are you female? Couldn't tell by dog photo:-) Only adding women. If so I'd be glad to add you!