Not losing weight when I should be

13»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Can I just point out that muscle weight is more than fat weight as well, so as you gain more muscle you might find out there might be more weight added, but the more you exercise and diet the more will come off in time, dont rush it, congrats though for working so hard, dont give up yet x

Except for people brand new to lifting, you don't gain in a calorie deficit. As well, muscle is more dense than fat, but a pound of muscle and a pound of fat will give the same exact scale reading.
  • amor3219
    amor3219 Posts: 20 Member
    I know I am not gaining muscle there is no way. I am also happy that I am losing weight. I have been eating protein bars for breakfast is that not a good idea? I also eat one if I am out with no food like taking my daughter to gymnastics from 5-8 two nights a week. I thought it was better than eating out. Should I cut those all together? Other than that I am not using pre packaged foods. I am making all of my own food.
  • amor3219
    I use quick entry calories when I make a meal and add the calories myself into of putting in every item and calorie one by one. Should I not to do that?
  • amor3219
    I didn't notice my sodium level until just now. I am going to start monitoring that too
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    amor3219 wrote: »
    I use quick entry calories when I make a meal and add the calories myself into of putting in every item and calorie one by one. Should I not to do that?

DEFINITELY don't do that! Estimating the calories won't give you an accurate picture. When I make a meal I put every single thing in, which can get a little tedious, but it gives me the best information.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited February 2015

DEFINITELY don't do that! Estimating the calories won't give you an accurate picture. When I make a meal I put every single thing in, which can get a little tedious, but it gives me the best information.

To be fair, I thought she meant she adds up every single calorie herself then quick adds it. Which is what I do sometimes and is spot on. But yeah of course OP if you are estimating, then don't.
  • amor3219
    I add up every calorie and then quick add.
  • amor3219
    I did think about the fact that it wasn't going to give me a break down of sodium etc though . I will try inputting everything one thing at a time. What do you think about protein bars for on the go? I am starving when I take my daughter to gymnastics for those three hours ( it is right between dinner time) so I don't get to eat dinner until 8:30 two nights.
  • amor3219
    Although it is an extra 180 calories just because I am hungry in between meals. Which I know adds up.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I did think about the fact that it wasn't going to give me a break down of sodium etc though . I will try inputting everything one thing at a time. What do you think about protein bars for on the go? I am starving when I take my daughter to gymnastics for those three hours ( it is right between dinner time) so I don't get to eat dinner until 8:30 two nights.

I have a protein bar of some kind every afternoon as my 3pm snack. If they fit in your calorie and nutrition goals then I don't see anything wrong with having them.