Almond cravings?

Options
Okay, weird question..

All my life, I've never cared for nuts. They're fine, but they don't tempt me and I never enjoyed them. Not something I actively dislike, but I'm just neutral on them...

Suddenly, I started craving almonds. Like, I can't get enough of them! I had a bite of a candy bar with whole salted almonds in it, and since that day they're all I can think about food wise.

Even stranger, I'd typically think it was an omega 3 craving, but my usual favorite food, tuna, kind of repulses me right now.

What else could be in almonds that is making me go crazy for them? I've had to make three almond runs this week alone... Lol

Replies

• flailx
    flailx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's odd, as I've lost weight and changed my diet I've been surprised how malleable taste is. I used to dislike carrots and now I kind of like them, even raw. I never thought coffee without sugar was possible but that's how I love it now. And while I've always liked almonds, I too have become an almond nut. I eat them every day one of my favorite snacks!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Fat?
  • ValentineNicole
    ValentineNicole Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    flailx wrote: »
    It's odd, as I've lost weight and changed my diet I've been surprised how malleable taste is. I used to dislike carrots and now I kind of like them, even raw. I never thought coffee without sugar was possible but that's how I love it now. And while I've always liked almonds, I too have become an almond nut. I eat them every day one of my favorite snacks!
    That does make sense. I also adore coffee with just cream with a passion, which I never loved before. I may just be getting older and wiser!
    Fat?
    Possibly! I do get dietary fat but maybe it's the hunger reducing properties I crave!

Thanks for the input guys!!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Maybe even salt?
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    pregnant?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Calcium?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I crave pumpernickle. Figure that one out. I think it is it's dense texture and slightly sour taste. The high rye content is digested more slowly than wheat bread.
  • ValentineNicole
    ValentineNicole Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    All good suggestions! Hopefully not pregnant, lol, at least not trying :) Calcium is something I know I don't eat 100% of ever, because I have to try to eat dairy - for example, cheese isn't something I ever crave. More than a smallish portion makes me overly full in an uncomfortable way.

It's so funny how our bodies work - and how tastes can change
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    pregnant?

^^^^ this wanting almonds that you are neutral about and not wanting your favorite tuna