Juicing Fast?

Options
I'm debating if it's a good idea to juice. I have come to a plateau in my wieght loss and was thinking about juicing to get it going again. Has anyone tried it and how did it work out

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    They don't work. All they do is put you at an unreasonable/dangerous deficit, (which you could do safely and more enjoyably eating real food) and don't encourage healthy eating habits.

Plateaus happen. There's nothing wrong with them. The important thing is to keep doing what you're doing and not get frustrated. Give it some time and don't give up.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i did one a few years back b/c my cousin was doing one so i went along with her. i gained weight. :o
  • jcveng
    jcveng Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Probably a good idea if losing a few pounds then gaining them back as soon as you start eating food again appeals to you. Which it probably doesn't :)
  • taraskylit
    taraskylit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You will dump a whole lot of water weight and then regain it when you eat again.
    If you truly have paused losing weight for 3 weeks, with no cheat meals.
    Lower calories or increase activity.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Please please please do a search on here for "juicing".
    These threads don't usually end well :disappointed:

To answer your question. No, I don't juice because it irks me to throw away all that wonderful fibre.
    If you're going to do it, use a blender.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not worth it. I like food.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    efg4piwisx1tcco4byit.png
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    terrible idea…

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    You're at a plateau if you haven't lost weight in at least 4 weeks. Weight loss isn't linear. Are you weighing your food? If not, you may be eating more than you think.

A juice fast is not needed for weight loss and sounds like a good way to be really hungry and miserable for a few days.
  • SciranBG
    SciranBG Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think real fasting is great, if you can stick to it and not binge afterwards.
    Either intermittent or alternate-day. But those are 0 calorie fasts intended to get your body to run on its own fat and lower your overall calories. If you are interested look up stuff like LeanGains, eat-stop-eat, or possibly the Warrior Diet.
  • healthygal95
    healthygal95 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I drink juice because it makes me feel great, as a snack, not as a fast or meal replacement. To each their own, but I don't think it's a great idea to use it as a weight loss tool
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've done extended fasts for religious/spiritual reasons before, and I must say, I think it'd be insane to take that tack in losing weight. It's a miserable pain in the *kitten*. Just work on creating a healthy deficit in your calories. If you have plateaud, you may have to decrease your calorie intake a little, but firing up a true fast . . . .ugh, bad plan.
  • margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    korinseals wrote: »
    I'm debating if it's a good idea to juice. I have come to a plateau in my wieght loss and was thinking about juicing to get it going again. Has anyone tried it and how did it work out

Don't drink juice! Your body processes it too fast! Plus your insulin levels go up to fast! Plus most people drink too much. Eat fruit instead.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit results in weight loss. Juice can be pretty high calorie. You can achieve the same results just eating at a deficit.