running marathon in may 2015

Options
hi am wondering is there anyone on here that has experience running marathons and also strength training ,need help with nuutrition and best amount of calories a day without gaining im on here every day and will also try to support anyone that needs chat or advice thanks

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    If you are training for a marathon I doubt you will gain weight
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would definitely check Pinterest. I'm running a half in May and there are dozens of training plans and food suggestions out there. Just type in marathon.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »

You would be surprised. It is easy to do.

Running LONG makes you HUNGRY. If you don't keep at least some level of consciousness about what you are eating you can easily gain (a little).

Many first-time Iron-distance triathletes gain 5lbs during the course of training.
  • Ctmish78
    Ctmish78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I've run two fulls and several halfs!! My first, I gained almost 10 lbs and with my second I was using fitness pal and just made sure to enter all cals burned. This way I was never hungry and yet dudnt overeat. I adjusted the macro amounts tho..... More carbs. Good luck!!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I would definitely check Pinterest. I'm running a half in May and there are dozens of training plans and food suggestions out there. Just type in marathon.

Agreed. A lot of elites use Pinterest for their training and nutrition plans.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first marathon. I have done many 1/2s in the past. I didn't gain in any weight while training for the full or even the 1/2s. I was very mindful about what I was eating and portion size. On long run days I could have eaten an entire buffet full of food. To help me not, I logged everything I ate. I typically don't eat back a lot of my calories burned with the exception of the long run days. I will eat about 3/4 of them back.
  • Magsmcglynn
    Magsmcglynn Posts: 7 Member
    Options

thank you going to check it out
  • csylva
    csylva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I ran two fulls and a lot of halfs, as long as you log your miles (running workouts) and eat half of those calories with nutrient dense food you'll stay on course and not lose muscle
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

"Look at those cute shoes. *Pin* OMG! What a great idea for a running shirt. *Pin*"
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

"Look at those cute shoes. *Pin* OMG! What a great idea for a running shirt. *Pin*"

0dtm8qa9ekas.jpg

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »

well.....
  • Magsmcglynn
    Magsmcglynn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for your helpfull suggestions really helped :)