why have i stopped losing?

Options
ajodeb
ajodeb Posts: 19 Member
i am constantly keeping up with the net weight goal and i have stopped losing weight....i do different excersizes everyday and if i eat too much i make sure to burn the calories....any suggestions?

Replies

• titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I ran into the same thing, hit a stubborn plateau for over a week last week.

I cut my salt intake way down, switched exercise routines and took in a ton of fiber and was able to bust through it in the last couple days and am back on the downward trend.

I hope this helps in some way, either way, stick with it.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    can't really offer suggestions without being able to see your food diary *S*
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Have you been drinking your water? That is so important - more so than I ever knew! Also, what is your sodium intake? Are you going over? That would hinder losses - you will retain water big time if your sodium is high.

Have you thought about making your food diary open to the public? Maybe if you did someone would be able to take a look at your food choices and offer more detailed suggestions.

Hope you figure it out!
  • ajodeb
    Options
    how do i put my goals and everything public?
  • ajodeb
    Options
    and how do you see your sodium intake? mine is probably so high.
  • ajodeb
    Options
    figured it out....my sodium damn!!!!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    actually it is 2 things I see causing it:
    1) you are not eating enough most days
    2) sodium intake is high. high sodium will not halt fat loss it can slow it down but not stop it.
  • ajodeb
    Options
    how do you mean ? i'm scared to eat more....i'm always going over 1200 cals and then burning it all off...how much more do you suggest i eat? or do you mean eat more of different things? i tend to eat the same thing every other day
  • thetigerzeye
    thetigerzeye Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    what they mean by eating more is getting more calories in, like if your goal is 1200 and you eat that and then work off 1200 calories you STILL SHOULD e eating ANOTHER 1200. I know it seems counter productive but if you eat too little your ody will hold on to ALL of it >.< which is definitely not what you want. Try eating a little bit more calories and less sodium and see if that helps. You can try it just for a week so even if you do gain (which shouldn't happen) you can adjust it again! ^_^ good luck!
  • ajodeb
    Options
    wow i never thought of that....i thought it was better to not eat a lot....i'll try that out thanks guys!!!!!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    yep pretty much what she said when you are on that low of a cal intake you should be eating back all the exercise cals to prevent metabolic slow down, now I know that someone is going to jump in here and totally disagree with me but I have hands on experience with many ppl getting them to eat more and then seeing the pounds come off. It is your choice in the end which side of the fence you wish to be on, me personally it is the side where I get to eat more and still see the pounds come off.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,245 Member
    Options
    With under 15 pounds to lose your weight loss goal should be no higher than 1 pound per week, or even better .5 pound per week. Anything lower than that and your weight loss will stall. You also need to eat all your exercise calories back so you are within about 50 calories of having eaten all MFP says you should. At this point you have made your body slow its weight loss as much as it can by slowing down your metabolism. It will also start to use up your muscles instead of fat for energy because muscles burn energy and your body wants to hold on to it. Your body needs the food to feed your muscles and burn your fat. The key is a small caloric deficit. When a person is obese, the can afford a higher deficit so they can set a goal of 2 pounds per week, once a person is overweight they can still afford a large deficit but not as large. As a normal BMI approaches or if you are in a normal BMI but have fat to lose, your body will not put up with a large deficit and will hold on to as much weight as it can.