Must haves!

Options
What are some foods you must have in your diet? Or what are some foods you were told to eat often because they are high in protein and do the body good or have some benefit to them? Like protein shakes, we all know to take them after lifting to help repair muscle after workouts. Is there something you always take after cardio sessions? Something you always eat because you feel like you have to? Just curious!

Replies

• DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My CUTIES (Orange Mandarins, aka Halos). OMG, I truly have an addiction and MUST have 2 a night. LOL
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I usually have an apple with lunch, a banana with breakfast and popcorn as an evening snack. Also yogurt daily, usually in the mid morning at work.
  • krknobbe10
    krknobbe10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes I have an apple almost daily. Always have one at work M-F with peanut butter. Sometimes I don't on the weekends to cut carbs and give me more carbs just in case I go out that night.
  • flailx
    flailx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Blueberries and strawberries(almost everyday), and an apple (most days). Chia seed on nearly every breakfast too.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Variety. For me it is the key to balance and happiness. I am not one to eat the same things every day. I like a great variety of foods in my diet. I never do shakes or smoothies. I like to eat my food.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    krknobbe10 wrote: »
    What are some foods you must have in your diet?
    wine wine and wine

Or what are some foods you were told to eat often because they are high in protein and do the body good or have some benefit to them?
    broccoli

Is there something you always take after cardio sessions?
    just water after cardio. high protein after lifting.

Something you always eat because you feel like you have to?
    i love cream cheese! on plain crackers...yum!

• rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    definitely my oatmeal! I eat it everyday.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Probably steamed rice. I eat a ton of rice.
  • taraskylit
    taraskylit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    While I do eat a lot of the same foods because of my budget, I don't think I "must have" any of them.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat a lot of white rice, pasta, fish, chicken, chocolate; those are my must haves. I don't eat anything that I feel I "must" eat...everything I eat I consume because I want to.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Peanut butter! I'll use apples, bananas, anything as a vehicle to get it into my mouth. Skim milk is a breakfast and dinner staple too.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    One word,,,,,SUSHI!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Daily must haves...

Oatmeal, flaxseed and blueberries for breakfast.
    A cup of warm lemon water every morning.
    Fresh vegetables daily
  • slondro
    slondro Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's hard to beat the versatility and benefits of chicken breast, so I have that nearly every day. Also full-fat yogurt, since it's a good source of fat, actually not that high in calories, and is delicious with any fruit.

Also, whenever I have the extra calories and haven't had enough protein, definitely natural peanut butter. I especially like it on frozen bananas.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    potatoes mmmm
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Quest bar, lean ground turkey, zucchini, squash, chipotle hot sauce, chocolate, leafy greens, tuna.
  • amf0324
    amf0324 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Apples and bananas, cottage cheese.... Those are really the only things that have been mainstays in my fridge. Oh and various frozen meals (Amy's, Saffron Road... other GF meals) for dinner a few nights a week.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Love my cottage cheese, my instant steel cut oats, my blueberries, plain greek yogurt, and of course, coffee.

Oh, and those smuckers uncrustables sandwiches. ;)
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    My must have.... hmmm. Popcorn for sure. Also fish-- I would not be okay without fish!

As far as eating something because I believe it's healthy, I tend to eat a banana before I jog / run. I believe it helps with muscle cramps, whether or not it actually does. Lol
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    must haves: peanut butter, chocolate, coffee, the occasional libation. Those are must haves anyway.