Will 1 day of juicing Slow down my metabolism?

Options
I want Juice for 1 day, using fresh veggies and fruit.

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Okay.. Why?
  • amf0324
    amf0324 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No but not eating any fiber (or solids for that matter) will slow down your colon for sure.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    No, it won't make a difference in anything..
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    You cannot slow down your metabolism by eating, or not eating. Juicing included.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Short answer, no.
  • RET68
    RET68 Posts: 88
    Options
    I get hypoglycemic on just juice, but if I have broth as well that helps considerably, and my liver and digestive system very much appreciate the break.
  • toholio
    toholio Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There's surprisingly little you can do that will change the "speed" of your metabolism.
    You cannot slow down your metabolism by eating, or not eating. Juicing included.

Oh but it totally heard from my sister's, friend's, cousin's hairdresser that unless you eat 18 meals containing lemon juice, paprika, and lead based paints, that are no bigger than your fist per half day, then you start absorbing energy from the magnetic fields around household appliances.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    toholio wrote: »
    There's surprisingly little you can do that will change the "speed" of your metabolism.

Oh but it totally heard from my sister's, friend's, cousin's hairdresser that unless you eat 18 meals containing lemon juice, paprika, and lead based paints, that are no bigger than your fist per half day, then you start absorbing energy from the magnetic fields around household appliances.

funny

I bought into that myth for years. Honestly blamed my weight gain on a ruined metabolism from a crash diet where I lost 50 lbs in a few months by starving myself (I was a kid...didn't know better). I found it easier to lose weight as an adult by getting educated and following a modest deficit.

You can increase metabolism by gaining muscle mass, lower it by doing the same. Juicing won't harm anything so if that is something you want to check out....go for it

Not my cup of tea though but power to ya (speaking of tea...Im due for some)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    toholio wrote: »

Lead paint? Lol.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    One day of juicing isn't going to do anything. At all.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try eating sensibly with a reasonable deficit for a while and see how that works? Three days ago you were posting about your net 491 calories ... your cheat day thread showed some issues in your relationship with food and understanding of healthy weight loss.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try eating sensibly with a reasonable deficit for a while and see how that works? Three days ago you were posting about your net 491 calories ... your cheat day thread showed some issues in your relationship with food and understanding of healthy weight loss.

This.