booze!

Options
hello everyone out there i'm curious for some input on ppl's thoughts on your basic drinks i know about the calories ect...that's why i've basically stopped drinking beer, but i love partying with my friends and usually consume a decent amount of vodka. I usually have vodka with diet soda's, is this still bad?

Replies

• josiah03
    Options
    hello everyone out there i'm curious for some input on ppl's thoughts on your basic drinks i know about the calories ect...that's why i've basically stopped drinking beer, but i love partying with my friends and usually consume a decent amount of vodka. I usually have vodka with diet soda's, is this still bad?
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Actually... heeheehee... a shot of vodka is around 70 calories, plus 0 for the diet soda. Also, alcohol gets you more intoxicated a little more quickly when mixed with carbonated beverage, so I consider that a win-win situation. I was drinking wine, but I think I'll get more "bang" for my caloric "buck" with the vodka/diet drinks... enjoy! :drinker:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Honestly? 151 gets you most drunk for the least amount of calories. Now, the taste is bad and you may not be looking for getting drunk and that's fine, I was just throwing that out there. :drinker:

Otherwise vodka is a good low cal choice, which is odd seeing as it comes from potatoes.....
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    64 cal beer. Miller makes it, so its bound to be good!

Just saying!
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    i love you guys! seriously just got a HUGE laugh about the 151!!!!...here is what i have learned about drinking (or being able to enjoy your drinks)...first - if you know you're going to drink, limit/eliminate the carbs you're having with your meal ...or skip dessert if you were planning on a treat (i prefer sugar to booze but that's just me...i am wayyyy more fun hopped up on chocolate! ha ha ha)...second - eat some protein first (and or with each drink) that will help stabilize insulin levels which in turn keeps up from being big drunk chubby-chubs!....it might seem weird to be sneaking bites of meat out of your purse while at the bar but i think it's well worth the outcome :laugh:
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Hmmmm... 151... :bigsmile:
    What kind of calories are involved there?

It is ironic that vodka is lower in calories, considering its origin. I'll admit that I was surprised when I looked it up.

I think the big issue with alcohol is to drink lots and lots of water. And drinking it with a caffeinated beverage just increases the diuretic effect, so water is crucial... for weight loss and for hangovers! But like my grandmother always said, all things in moderation!
  • diegelmansm
    Options

It's really not that good. It takes like water. I was oh so dissappointed. Now I have a whole case sitting in my garage that no one will drink. :cry:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options

It's really not that good. It takes like water. I was oh so dissappointed. Now I have a whole case sitting in my garage that no one will drink. :cry:

Yeah, it's like butter water....
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I drink wine most of the time. Most nights, I save calories for a glass or two.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Wino here too! :drinker:

I prefer red, but white has less calories. (dagnabbit!) :grumble:

Josiah,

Gin & diet tonics are good too! :drinker:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

Josiah,

Like a moth to a flame.:laugh:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

Josiah,

:laugh:
    I know she would here too:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra or wine...Just factor it into your calories when you plan on drinking (and if you are like me...add a few to it...ya know...just in case...:embarassed: ) :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra or wine...Just factor it into your calories when you plan on drinking (and if you are like me...add a few to it...ya know...just in case...:embarassed: ) :laugh:

and there would be the second moth.:laugh:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

Josiah,

Yeah, I prefer red as well. And I suffer the calories because I'm so not a huge fan of white at all.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Josiah,

:laugh:
    I know she would here too:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:

I was just trying to help, you two! :angry:

:bigsmile: