Girl issues

Options
i need more protein in my diet any suggestions?? And I know this may be tmi but when it's that time of the month I'm starving all day long and a lot of the food I want is junk I mean like CHOCOLATE! And on top of that I get a headache and again all I want to do is eat.. Any help or suggestions would be helpful!!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I get between 100-140 grams per day. Though, the past two days my macros have not been great because I've had my period too and well..chocolate...and pizza.

You can look at my diary if you want. I do eat Quest bars which help me a bit, but I can hit my target of 120 pretty easily without them too.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    It helps to take iron too.
  • OwlCherri
    OwlCherri Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein Shakes are packed with protein and vitamins. The chocolate actually tastes like chocolate milk when chilled!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate then but make it super dark (minimum 70 but higher if you can). I've read somewhere that dark chocolate or cacao can kill cravings during that TOM. Try mixing cacao powder into oatmeal or greek yoghurt. I'm a chocoholic and I find that I don't binge on dark chocolate the same way I will with milk
  • arditarose
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    Eat chocolate then but make it super dark (minimum 70 but higher if you can). I've read somewhere that dark chocolate or cacao can kill cravings during that TOM. Try mixing cacao powder into oatmeal or greek yoghurt. I'm a chocoholic and I find that I don't binge on dark chocolate the same way I will with milk

I eat 99% sometimes. But that's a little extreme ha. I can handle it because I dip it in coffee or tea, or eat it with raspberries.
  • gmallan
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I eat 99% sometimes. But that's a little extreme ha. I can handle it because I dip it in coffee or tea, or eat it with raspberries.

I've never even seen 99% (we're often deprived here in Australia) but have been known to eat a spoonful of cacao powder from time to time (or half half with peanut butter).

Apparantly it elevates serotonin and dopamine and one study found that people who eat 5 servings (1-2 squares of 70 or above) of chocolate a week have lower BMIs than those who don't

• gmallan
    Options
    @sarahjeanw82 what's your protein target and how far off meeting it are you on average?
  • arditarose
    Options

I've never even seen 99% (we're often deprived here in Australia) but have been known to eat a spoonful of cacao powder from time to time (or half half with peanut butter).

Apparantly it elevates serotonin and dopamine and one study found that people who eat 5 servings (1-2 squares of 70 or above) of chocolate a week have lower BMIs than those who don't

Interesting!

The 99% bar I eat is Lindt. I like it because even though there is not much sugar, it is very fatty!
  • sarahjeanw82
    sarahjeanw82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @sarahjeanw82 what's your protein target and how far off meeting it are you on average?

I'm supposed to get 40% but only have been getting 20-30% not enough.
  • gmallan
    Options
    What is your target in grams and what's your current weight? 40% is getting towards the highish end
  • gmallan
    Options

Interesting!

The 99% bar I eat is Lindt. I like it because even though there is not much sugar, it is very fatty!

Lindt in Australia only goes up to 85%, that I've found anyway

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,207 Member
    Options
    A fairly simple solution might be to add a tin of shredded chicken in springwater to your meal. I'm doing that right now ... for lunch I've got a mix of Uncle Ben's brown rice, Heinz steamed veggies and a tin of shredded chicken. The veggies and chicken are 50 calories each, and the rice is just under 200. So much lunch comes in at just under 300 calories. And the chicken has 10 grams of protein which is, apparently, 20% of the recommended daily intake.
  • sarahjeanw82
    sarahjeanw82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!