Best diet program for getting lean/losing body fat?.(ATKINS?)

Options
At 5'0 and 106llbs- Im at about 24.9% Body Fat
i do realize I'm at a healthy weight, but i wanna be nice and toned without the thigh jiggles lol.

Ive read up on ATKINS newest book and it seems easy with only 2 weeks of carb restriction, before you go to next phases.

But, I exercise between 30min(if cardio) or 1 hour( if strength) a day in videos.
so

1. Would Atkins be good idea if I want to drop body fat
OR

2. Any recommendation on a diet plan/book that is good for getting lean?

thank you

PS- Im a fan of having a plan. I already eat alot of protein, I make unprocessed healthy foods. But, feel im at a loss when comes to losing body weight. Part of me wants to just lose 10 pounds, but i know weight isnt my issue.
Also- Should i focus on strength training VS CARDIo- like only do cardio 2xweek and strength 4xweek?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women, perhaps.

Why Atkins? What does low carb have to do with anything here? I suggest lifting at maintenance and hitting your protein and fat macros.

And yes, focus on strength training more than cardio. What lifting program are you doing now?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
  • arditarose
    Options

Sigh.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    well most people that i know say that females should look to bulk at 18-22% body fat and it sounds like you are close to that..

what are you using to measure body fat?
    Do you currently use a food scale?

I would suggest the following..

set MFP to .5 pound per week loss
    get on a structured program like strong lifts, new rules of lifting for woman, starting strength, etc
    set your macros to 35% carbs/35% protein/30% fats…

Yes, you can do cardio if you want to. I would suggest only doing it on off days…

once you get to sub 22% body fat you may want to consider a bulk/cut cycle….Or eat at maintenance and do a slow recomp ..

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't take offense to this, but I really think you should see a counselor. You have numerous red flags in your posts (setting a goal to be under weight is the big one). Please see someone now before you travel down that path.
  • tigerlily8899
    tigerlily8899 Posts: 12
    edited February 2015
    Options
    lol. I just always heard Atkins is good for weight loss, and figured it would help me lose some weight all over quickly and lower body fat??

Well I'm currently doing Brazilian Butt Lift program mixed with HIIT VIDEOS and Strength Video's with weights I find online- I only have 3 and 8 pound weights at home.

I like doing video programs. Funny thing is I don't care to have a big butt- but with brazilian butt lift, but most of the videos on the program are Total Body- one workout can be qualified as HIIT/ another one's called Sculpt using weights/ ones called High and Tight uses a band and has standing and lying down exercises/ and ones AB Video)....

Also I do Ballet Beautiful- Total Body Workout Video that i really like and its slow, and its with no weights. Its mostly all floor work.

I can't find really a good strength workout video system that includes different videos.

Jillian Michaels has a video thats mostly strength called NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES thats good.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I hope you don't take offense to this, but I really think you should see a counselor. You have numerous red flags in your posts (setting a goal to be under weight is the big one). Please see someone now before you travel down that path.

how do you see that?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    lol. I just always heard Atkins is good for weight loss, and figured it would help me lose some weight all over quickly and lower body fat??

Well I'm currently doing Brazilian Butt Lift program mixed with HIIT VIDEOS and Strength Video's with weights I find online- I only have 3 and 8 pound weights at home.

I like doing video programs. Funny thing is I don't care to have a big butt- but with brazilian butt lift, but most of the videos on the program are Total Body- one workout can be qualified as HIIT/ another one's called Sculpt using weights/ ones called High and Tight uses a band and has standing and lying down exercises/ and ones AB Video)....

Also I do Ballet Beautiful- Total Body Workout Video that i really like and its slow, and its with no weights. Its mostly all floor work.

I can't find really a good strength workout video system that includes different videos.

Jillian Michaels has a video thats mostly strength called NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES thats good.

do you have access to a gym?
  • elphie754
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

how do you see that?

In one of here previous posts, she said her goal weight was 85lbs
  • tigerlily8899
    Options
    OY VEY!!!. Yes, yesterday I was thinking maybe lose weight.
    Now after measuring body fat percentage- i realize, and known for a while that i should really focus on lowering body fat.

I just want a program or diet people recommend.sheeshh.lol
  • arditarose
    Options
    OY VEY!!!. Yes, yesterday I was thinking maybe lose weight.
    Now after measuring body fat percentage- i realize, and known for a while that i should really focus on lowering body fat.

I just want a program or diet people recommend.sheeshh.lol

You JUST said you heard Atkins was good for weight loss and thought it would help you lose "weight all over quickly".
  • elphie754
    Options
    You say you are 106lb. According to your profile, you want to lose 12.5. That brings you down to 94 lbs who h is a bmi of 18.4, and this underweight.
  • tigerlily8899
    Options
    Yes, that is true. But a bit of weight/fat. I mean when you lose FAT don't people generally lose a little weight anyhow.And, Atkins seems popular to get healthy anyways.

And thank you for answering my question.

I will look into New Rulesfor Lifting. It has good reviews on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Rules-Lifting-Women/dp/1583333398

And, no i don't have access to a gym at the moment. But, i do lots of videos from online.
    I wish I liked running, and even though i live where the weather is mostly always nice. I hate running. I did Coach to 5K or whatever it is called and did it for a whole month, but then i notice nothing got toned.

The thing is I know I'm healthy, and would never do anything that would be unhealthy too my body. I just like to find a eating plan and exercise plan thats popular and follow it.

I mean with how i eat and exercise(even though i shouldnt do more weights), its just puzzling why I haven't been toned up.
  • arditarose
    Options
    It's really not that puzzling.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Would it be too much to ask for you to post a pic of yourself, I'm just struggling to imagine you have much fat, if any at such a low weight.
  • tigerlily8899
    tigerlily8899 Posts: 12
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm short at 5'0 and carry my weight in my hips that grew since turning 20.lol.
    I'm not fat. I know that. But, i think they would call me "skinny fat".
    My waist is 28 inches and my hips are 36 inches. Its different when you are petite.

Also throughout high school I was in the 90pound range and I was considered healthy. I didn't look like i had a eating problem. I ate anything. Then, of course as I got older i think Ive become pear shape.

Anyhow, if anyone has a book or exercise vid they recommend let me know. Thanks:)
  • barby6011
    barby6011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds a bit bizarre to me. Yes I think a picture is in order
  • ndj1979
    Options

how do you see that?

oh man, I think I remember that post….

same profile name?
  • arditarose
    Options

how do you see that?

oh man, I think I remember that post….

same profile name?

Someone linked it up top here
  • tigerlily8899
    Options
    yes, yes, i did say that. thats before i added to BMI.