feeling guilty HELP

Options
SO i just ate a regular spinach burrito with white shrimp no rice no beans it's only shrimp and bellpeppers ... is it that bad? Alot of calories?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Estimate the number of calories, fit them into your day. If you exceed your calorie allowance for the day, do a little extra exercise over the next few days...but very likely one day over calories isn't going to make much difference over a week or so.

Plan your daily meals and snacks in advance, don't be too rigid though, there will be occasions where you won't be able to eat as planned, and don't forget the occasional treat.

No need to feel guilty at all, its called life.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Just a tortilla, shrimp, spinach and bell peppers? It doesn't sound like it would have a lot of calories.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    55143272.jpg
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Food is good. Food is life, energy.

Log it in to see how many calories it was.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others who say that you should log it and find out. The tortilla will have a fair number of calories but it sounds like everything else was pretty light.

I know I'm jumping the gun on this next part, but food guilt can be a warning sign that you're developing a less than healthy relationship with food. You shouldn't feel guilty for eating or enjoying yourself. Watch out for patterns like this because you don't want to go down that road.
  • msglz89
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • msglz89
    Options
    It came out to 284 calories
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I ate a 500 ish calorie monster-sized beef burrito yesterday, complete with cheese and sour cream.

It's okay to eat. Don't develop an unhealthy perception of food! 284 calories is no big deal, but if it's outside of your calorie limits, do a little exercise. :-)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I ate 535 calories for breakfast. It's all good. If it fits in my daily calories, I don't worry about it. If it doesn't, then I go earn it by exercising. Don't deprive or punish yourself, or you won't last long at this. :)
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Almost every day my Dinner is over 500 calories. It is how I like to eat so I don't wake up very hungry.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I had an 800+ calorie burrito one day a couple weeks ago. I went over my daily calories by about 1000 that day. I didn't dwell on it too much because I know that if I had, I probably would have continued the trend of overeating. Try not to feel too guilty. This whole weight loss thing is a journey and there will be a few slip ups.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yum - I plan on having a shrimp burrito when I go out for dinner this weekend! I'll be having it with rice and beans though. I don't eat burritos often so when I do I pack them full of almost all of the toppings (:
  • ican_doallthings
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Food is good. Food is life, energy.

Log it in to see how many calories it was.

well said :)

You are doing great, don't be too hard on yourself ;)