Does anyone use the CYBEX Arc Trainer? Any positive results?

Options
And has had any success with losing weight from it? I recently started getting into going to the gym. I go as fast as I can on the "weight loss" option. I'm only up to being able to do 15 minutes on it, with a calorie burn of 160. The HRM gets as high as 198... Which doesn't seem too good. Is this because I'm overdoing it for someone that just got into working out? Oh I should also add that I'm 5'7 and weight 171lbs

Also, how accurate are the calories burned on that machine?

Replies

• LadyBaggins
    Options
    Come on people I need help ;c
  • ls1guy98
    Options
    I use the ARC machine. I have only been going for three weeks but have seen some positive results. I go for 30 min on the weight loss program and burn around 300-400.

I'm not sure how accurate it is but the MFP exercise estimate is close to the same calorie amount.

Keep at it and good luck.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think it's the best workout of any cardio machine, other than a rower. I do intervals and it kicks my butt.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on the read outs. Chances are they haven't been calibrated in years.

Any form of cardio just burns calories and helps to create a calorie deficit, but it's going to be how much you consume that dictates weight loss and not exercise itself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png