what do you do when your snowed in?

Options
We are pretty much snowed in where I live in the mountains so I find myself curling up on the couch and watching movies all day. What do you do when you can't leave the house? I need ideas so I don't just sit around on my butt tomorrow

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I dig out. Put on my boots and backpack and go for a walk.

Or, I light a fire, and drink some bourbon. It's really a toss up.

I'm pretty envious of anyone who has had snow this year. In my little bfe home, we've had zilcho.
  • megandhight
    megandhight Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    We have gotten 9" in 2 days and its still snowing. I may build a snowman but its really cold outside and I hate the cold so idk
  • lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That was me all last week...I became really good friends with Netflix. It seems that when the gym is closed, my motivation to workout is nothing.

This week I'm putting some YouTube videos on ! (I did yoga with Adrianne yesterday and used some dumbbells/books for strength training).
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Spend the whole day inside doing burpees.

Just kidding.

I wish I could do that though. I would be so incredibly fit.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I wasn't snowed in this morning but the "feels like" was -12.... Soooo I didn't go out.
  • dbmata
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I wasn't snowed in this morning but the "feels like" was -12.... Soooo I didn't go out.

That's t shirt and shorts weather.
    We have gotten 9" in 2 days and its still snowing. I may build a snowman but its really cold outside and I hate the cold so idk

Hmmm, there's a joke in there somewhere.
  • megandhight
    megandhight Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    lwynd002 wrote: »
    This week I'm putting some YouTube videos on ! (I did yoga with Adrianne yesterday and used some dumbbells/books for strength training).

I do yoga with Adrienne right after I wake up and some pushups and crunches and for the following 12 hours I sit down.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I did this hot yoga class for a while. It was literally 90 minutes of sun a.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I find workouts on you tube and watch movies on TV =)
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have been snowed in for the last two weeks and I am getting a little crazy from it! I have an elliptical and kettlebells to use. I have basically been creating workouts to do. For example: four different body weight or kettlebell exercises for 30 seconds each with a 10 second break repeated four times then I will do a half mile on the elliptical with the incline at the highest setting.

I try to get up every hour and walk around my house for a few minutes to get some steps in and not sit around as much.

Last week, I worked on a quilt and after I had completed so many rows I would do a mini workout that consisted of 20 kettlebell squats, 10 bicep curls to press with a kettlebell, 10 kettlebell rows for each arm and then 2 minutes on the elliptical at the highest incline setting. At the end of the day, I usually had completed this workout about 8-10 times.

I drug my bike back in on the trainer and watched Netflix while I rode for an easy workout that had me moving some.

I hope this helps and that we can get out of our houses soon!
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    We are pretty much snowed in where I live in the mountains so I find myself curling up on the couch and watching movies all day. What do you do when you can't leave the house? I need ideas so I don't just sit around on my butt tomorrow

Grab a shovel and dig out. Great workout.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    use snowshoes go for a walk. Dress for the weather.

Shovel out a labyrinth or maze path

At-12 you can't build a snowman You need soft wet "packy" snow for that.

anyone else ever camped in a tent or snow cave before?
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    p90x3
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Are you in Colorado too?! We're snowed in also... I plan on doing some yoga... I would really like to get in a HIIT workout as well, but being snowed in makes me so sleepy and I have no energy at all.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I'm in Colorado too. We dance!! Crank up the tunes and shake our booties! Then we watch a movie.
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Shovel out a path to your car and go to the gym. If that's not an option, shovel a path to the gym... walk home. And walk to the gym the next day.
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    ...bro.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I'm in Colorado too. We dance!! Crank up the tunes and shake our booties! Then we watch a movie.

Yeah Team Colorado! I should get up and dance... maybe that will give me more energy. I just want to sip my green tea and mess around on MFP.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I live in socal so I don't have that problem, but... The other night I couldn't sleep because it was pouring rain and thought, "I'm going to have to workout inside". I think the darkness just makes one want to curl up on a sofa and watch "Netflix" with some "bourbon". My solution would be to get as much sunlight simulation in my home as possible to get the energy to perform some Pop Sugar or Fitness Blender sets.
  • boobear264
    boobear264 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Days like that is why I keep some kind of good book and workout video around. I also work on sewing and cleaning project s when I am not studding.