Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Green Shake Help!!

marbat
marbat Posts: 10 Member
Hi There! Need some help in some new and easy Green Shakes I want to start incorporating in my diet. I have done Spinach, bananas, frozen fruit with water but not to great.

What are some substitutions for the water to add some flavor?

Replies

• Almond milk, coconut milk or coconut water
  • Also use a mix of fresh and or frozen fruit. I find fresh fruit has more flavor, but I enjoy the consistency of the smoothie when I use frozen fruit
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Light orange juice, light cranberry juice or 15 calorie juice
  • marbat
    Thanks! Im going try it. Someone had told me about coconut milk or water. Im going try it with fresh fruit and see.
  • marbat
    Light orange juice sounds good too. Thanks !
  • Coffee no cream no sugar. Zero cals. I use it every mornin n my
    protein shake. I brew enough coffe to put n a pitcher for the week 16oz of coffee. 140g strawberries or 140 blueberries 1scoop of whey. 1 scoop of vega protein & green and 85g of spinach and last 32g of peanut butter dont 4get the ice. Energy for bout 6 hrs. Taste good as well.
  • dukslayer4051
    dukslayer4051 Posts: 66 Member
    Just eat the veggies
  • kale, dates, cinnamon, banana, walnut, almond milk and coconut water smoothie. The recipe I'm using is on sidechef app. It's called kale coconut smoothie
  • Jewf
    Jewf Posts: 9 Member
    Spinach, water, banana or apple, berries or other frozen fruit, low-fat yogurt. About 200 calorie breakfast.
  • cheerupbrighteyes
    cheerupbrighteyes Posts: 37 Member
    I made this yesterday and it was very yummy
    Baby spinach, granny Apple, lime, vanilla flavored Greek yogurt, almond milk. Sweet and tart!
  • cheerupbrighteyes
    cheerupbrighteyes Posts: 37 Member
    I made this yesterday and it was very yummy
    Baby spinach, granny Apple, lime, vanilla flavored Greek yogurt, almond milk. Sweet and tart!
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    I like spinach with an apple. Ginger root or celery will also flavor the whole shake (not a fan of the ginger but its strong!)
  • gaurdgoose
    gaurdgoose Posts: 106 Member
    I use Frozen Strawberries, Blueberries, Cranberries then add almond milk flax seed chia seed Hemp hearts and what ever vegetables I want beets and beet greens are good
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    I add a couple spoonfuls of Greek yogurt to add protein - maybe add some fresh fruit juice to help with flavor
  • CassandraLT90
    CassandraLT90 Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2015
    When I make a green smoothie I use coconut water, greens what ever you want, pineapple or banana for the sweetness then some other fruit that I like. Oh and I do add greek yogurt too.
  • I do 4 strawberries, handful blueberries, 1 cup kale, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and half a banana.
  • GPHX_GEEK
    GPHX_GEEK Posts: 32 Member
    I use tea instead of water. I also add plain greek yogurt. Oh and I freeze all my fruit so I don't "dilute" any flavor with ice. Here's an example of one of my smoothies:
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
    1 kiwi
    1/2 cup celery
    1/2 cup spinach
    1tbsp chia & flax seeds
    1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
    1-2 bags of Tazo Ginger Green tea (brewed in 3/4 cup of water, then cooled with some ice-cubes to make 1 cup)
    1tsp Truvia
  • JiveDoc
    JiveDoc Posts: 284 Member
    If you use spinach, banana, whatever milk you like, a chocolate protein powder or some cacao or cocoa powder, and peanut butter or PB2 you will get...a peanut butter cup shake.

TRY IT NOW.
  • ashliij
    ashliij Posts: 54
    Fresh spinach, a medium banana, milk of your choice, a tbsp of peanut butter, cinnamon, and ice. You can freeze the banana after slicing it to avoid having to add ice. I drink this pretty regularly.. be judicious with the spinach and throw a ton in there! I usually use about three large handfuls of farm fresh spinach (so the stems are included).
  • marbat wrote: »
    Hi There! Need some help in some new and easy Green Shakes I want to start incorporating in my diet. I have done Spinach, bananas, frozen fruit with water but not to great.

What are some substitutions for the water to add some flavor?

I add a couple tablespoons of liberte apricot yogurt and a scoop of vanilla protein powder