vegan low sodium snacks?

Options
ajodeb
ajodeb Posts: 19 Member
i'm allergic to all dairy, eggs, nuts, sesame, and i don't eat meat. i eat a lot of pretzels. ..... lets be real...... fruit doesn't satisfy...does anyone have any low sodium snacks or recipes that i would be able to eat?

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hummus or tabbuleh are delicious snacks that can be made low-sodium if you prepare the chickpeas homemade in your hummus and not from a can!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    how about cereals? Like flax cereals? Protein shakes? how about a "pb" (isn't there non-nut butters?) And toast. Like a PBJ or something? Veggies in hummus? Hummus wrap?
  • ajodeb
    Options
    hummus sounds good i'm going to run out and get some. thanks guys!!!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    how about cereals? Like flax cereals? Protein shakes? how about a "pb" (isn't there non-nut butters?) And toast. Like a PBJ or something? Veggies in hummus? Hummus wrap?

There is a non-nut butter made from sunflower seeds called sunflower butter....it's delicious!
  • ajodeb
    Options
    i have some soynut butter....does that count?
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Glad to see another vegan! Feel free to send me a friend invite. If you like to cook or bake, most recipes can be made with lower sodium.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This is off the top of my head, so not the most comprehensive list, but...

Snacks:
    Oatmeal (Optional fruit on top)
    Raisins
    Pinto bean salad
    Vegetable/bean tortillas (These take me about 7 minutes to chop and cook)
    Soy yogurt
    Applesauce
    Veggie/hummus wrap
    Make your own granola without nuts
    Smoothies (You can really go kinda nuts with whatever you wanna make, and add protein to fill you up too)

Since you're allergic to nuts, that took out a lot of my ideas... but hopefully that helps. I know how hard it can be to find low sodium snacks as a veggie, so hopefully these might help.
  • Amber824
    Amber824 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Check out the Enjoy Life brand snacks. The website (www.enjoylifefoods.com) shows all the different products that they have and it focuses on being an allergy friendly brand. I have had many different things and they are all delicious!

Good luck!
  • ajodeb
    Options
    i really appreciate everything thank you so much