Zumba Exhilerate.. my thoughts

Options
I have been doing the original Zumba workouts for 6 or 7 months now.. I really enjoy them and am pleased with the 250 -375 calories burn I get on average, depending on which one I am doing. When I heard there was a new set of dvd's available, I wondered if it would be worth. I decided there was only one way to find out.. I ordered it. And all I can say is "WOW".. there are a lot of new steps and I am still trying to get the hang of them. I do recognize many of the routines from the Wii version - not a bad thing but just mentioning it.

I am still deciding whether I like the format of the verbal cues as a voice over .. I was a little annoyed with it on the Rush workout but I didn't seem to be as bothered by it on the Exhilerate workout. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Ripped workout - which is made up of 2 individual segments so you can do one or both. I did both.. and was spent.. really spent. But that was nothing compared to the one I did tonight.. Exhilerate. it is a 60 minute session - 37 minutes into it, I couldn't believe how much it worked me. I completed it but the rest was at a really reduced effort. I burned 400 calories .. I have to believe it would be at least another 75 -100 calories if I can get to 100% effort the whole way through.

So my conclusion - if you are an at home Zumbaholic and you are trying to decide if it is worth it.. well, my opinion is yes it is.. :love:

Replies

• tcsteeves
    tcsteeves Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this because I am currently doing the regular Zumba at home but wanted to get the new DVD's. Now I know it's worth it. Thank you.
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this review. I have been doing the zumba dvds for over a year and have been curious about the new system. Sounds good to me!
  • Cortez123
    Cortez123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this review. I have been doing the zumba dvds for over a year and have been curious about the new system. Sounds good to me!

Ditto...I LOVE to Zumba. I get such a great workout and enjoy every minute of it. Thanks for posting :)
  • valeriedent2
    valeriedent2 Posts: 154
    Options
    I am a recent Zumbaholic - I've been doing the 1st version for about 2 months, and love, love, love it, so I got the new one when I saw the banner ad on here.

I agree with you on the Rush DVD. It's kinda corney, and I much preferred the Cardio Express from the first set of DVD's.

I've done the Activate, which is about 40 min, and they don't voice over that one. Still come corney going on, but not as bad.

Haven't gotten into any of the other DVD's yet, but looking forward to Ripped and Mix!!

Loves me some Zumba!!!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the old versions, but I have the Exhilarate set and I have only done the Activate, and while that was fun the instructors bugged me. I think I will like the rest though! Can't wait to do Mix! I just got my set on Tuesday.
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    I did Zumba years ago (2001?) and liked it okay, but recently got back into it! And wow!!!!!!!

I did Activate for the 1st time this am, and repeated 2 of the segments, so I didn't feel like such a uncordinated fool.... total wo ended up being 50min and got a 430 cal burn!!!!! I can only imagine when I feel more comfortable with the steps! I love, love, love the music, and def the more urban feel appeals to me!

I am finishing up my last 3 weeks of a Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid and going directly into the 10 day plan starting 5/30/11!!!