Detox water fat burn

Options
hi, i always wanted to use the fat burner capsules but being a nursing mom i know it might not be safe.

If you are doing detox water, what have worked for you?

I heard the grapefruit in the water, helps you burn fat.

What do you think?

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Nope. Don't waste your money. What helps you burn fat is eating less calories than you use each day. Simple as that. If things like detox water worked everyone would be thin.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are not necessary. Your body does that naturally just fine. As for grapefruit burning fat, that's a myth. There are no quick fixes or magic fat burning foods. If you want to lose weight, eat at a calorie deficit. It's that simple.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There are no magic detoxing waters or additions. They're a myth that just keep persisting. You're right not to try any of the supposed magic pills, especially while breastfeeding, but also because they're just a waste of money.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as detox outside of a hospital. And if your kidneys, liver, lungs, & skin stop removing waste (toxins) from your body, that's where you'll need to be. Nothing you eat or drink would be able to help you. (Though water does help your body in many ways.)

You burn fat by eating at a slight deficit & exercising (both cardio & weightlifting).

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/detox-diets/faq-20058040

And another classic from SideSteel, with links to many more articles, much more info:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You are a nursing mother. You need to worry about eating enough to provide quality and adequate nutrients to your baby, not detoxing and fat loss. Focus on eating well and eating enough. You can worry about weight loss later.
  • yolo9752
    yolo9752 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you focus now on building muscle mass and getting strong and lean instead of loosing weight being a nursing mom. You will see a big difference in the way you look even if you don't loose a pound. Turn the fat into muscle.
  • yolo9752
    yolo9752 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    yolo9752 wrote: »
    I would suggest you focus now on building muscle mass and getting strong and lean instead of loosing weight being a nursing mom. You will see a big difference in the way you look even if you don't loose a pound. Turn the fat into muscle.

Fat does not turn into muscle.

Thank you. LOL

I hope you know what I meant...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    WTF is detox water?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You won't find any support for detoxes on here. It's a bad idea for anyone, but as a nursing mother you have to be responsible. It's a frustrating phase for weight loss, but start exercising, even if it's a long walk pushing a baby carriage. Once you're finished breastfeeding you'll be ready to go. Best. :)
  • omikish08
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I forgot to mention, im actually starting to wean within a month, so no more breastfeeding.
    But i have started taking more attention to what i eat and exercising more.