When will the hunger pangs go away?

Options
I started restricting my calories on Monday and have started being very cautious about what I eat but some days I feel extremely hungry. Will my body eventually get used to the calorie restriction so that I don't have these terrible hunger pangs? I feel like eating everything in sight right now. I have been exercising 4-5 days a week and normally feel okay those days after I have dinner. I did not exercise today and actually went over my calorie limit but I'm still STARVING. :neutral_face:

Replies

• Kate814
    Kate814 Posts: 145
    Options
    If you feel like your starving most of the day/most days your calories may be too restricted, or the food types or timing may be off. There are ways to restrict calories and lose body fat without feeling hungry all the time!
  • Ness725
    Ness725 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will get easier. For me, it takes 2-3 weeks after I start restricting. If you restricted something specific (ie: carbs) you may be going through a withdrawal period. Maybe reevaluate your calorie goals and ease in a bit. I also find that a glass of milk shortly after my workout staves off the crazy famished feelings I get if I've been eating light all day then workout. I also find eating veggies and hummus help that "empty belly" feeling without the massive guilt hangover. Good luck!
  • Speekerzz
    Speekerzz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My problem is night time. I work until 3pm and when I get home I eat. I then seem to get hungry again around 8 or 9 and can't shake it. I am lost on what to eat. It seems as though all carbs are my enemy , and I try for a protein bar , but then still want something. I am experimenting with sliced cucumber now, but really need some help with this carb addiction.
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day? Can you open your food diary so we can see what foods your eating. You should not be eating less than 1200 calories, if you are at 1200 or higher, Then I would suggest getting some good protein in per meal. That makes you feel fuller longer.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few of your posts, and I'm willing to bet you're not eating nearly enough. What's your average daily intake, please?
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    if you're eating a reasonable amount of calories but still feel hungry, try eating air-popped popcorn. it's low-calorie but also very filling.