NSV Today

Options
I've lost 29 pounds total since February 1. 17 since I started using MFP almost 40 days ago. Anyway - I want to lose another 30-40 lbs so I've been putting off buying new clothes. But, I'm a professional and I can't be wearing baggy clothes and pulling up on my bra all day long. It just looks bad.

Today, I went to NY & Co (my favorite clothing store for work clothes) and while I've always worn a 16 and usually a XL size shirt, today I fit into size 12 pants and bought 1 medium sized shirt, 1 large shirt and 1 size 12 dress!

Additionally, my 38 D cup bra had gotten too big (kind of stinks that we women lose a lot of our weight in our best assets). So I was re-fitted at VS and I'm now wearing a 36C!

Replies

• jamievolner
    jamievolner Posts: 35
    Options
    Congrats on the new clothes!! 7 years ago (when I was 26/28) I used to shop at Lane Bryant...went in one day (after losing weight) and the lady at the counter (who knew me over the years) said "Jamie, I don't have anything to fit you anymore. Head downstairs to NY and CO OUR sister store and shop" I looked at her like WHOA I'm being kicked out of Layne Bryant lol it was the happiest day of my life hahahahaha....enjoy your weight loss journey and congrats.
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I can't WAIT to get kicked out of Lane Bryant!!! Congrats to you!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    GREAT Posts! Kudos for sticking with it
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Enjoy your new wardrobe!
  • raeannefowler
    Options
    your post made me smile. I am so happy for you. It's wonderful to achieve goals you set. Keep up the awesome work! You are an inspiration.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!
  • lmoldes
    lmoldes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for your NSV. Keep it up!
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Those NSV's mean sooo much!! Way to go and enjoy your new clothes!
  • LaurenJn83
    LaurenJn83 Posts: 46
    Options
    That's awesome that you got kicked out of Lane Bryant! Lol!!

Thanks all for the cheers.

I was modeling the clothes for my husband this evening and - wow - wearing clothes that actually fit me made me look a lot smaller! Great confidence boost again!! I've been wearing bunched up baggy pants for a month or so and these thinner clothes really make a difference. My coworkers and customers tomorrow will be surprised. I was!

Thanks again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!