Just needing some motivation

Options
So I lack a lot of motivation A LOT of the time...I know all the reasons why I should continue and why I should stay on top of eatting right and working out. But I just get so tired of having to worry about the calories I eat...I love food and I want to enjoy it but i don't want the side effects that come with eatting it... :( It doesn't help that my husband loves me just the way I am (I love him for it though)...He just wants me to be happy and I am happy sometimes with myself but there are those days I look in the mirror and I cant stand what I see and my motivation is back but it fades quickly...how do I keep that motivation??

Replies

• justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just put a pic of me at my goal weight (100+ lbs ago) on the fridge. It makes me think twice whenever I open that door.
  • jenhduncan
    jenhduncan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just think of how nice I will look in clothes once I loose some weight, I tell myself I will be able to buy just about anything and look nice in it. I can't wait, it is so hard to find something that fits good right now.
  • aldenrocket
    Options
    Hi, Studies show that if you have a flatter belly and are not overweight you will live longer. I am not overweight but do not look my personal best and it is hard for me to be motivated without any pressing reaon other than looking better and being more confident. I understand but if you are a healthy body weight you will look better in the mirror and prob live longer
  • w0rksweatachieve
    Options
    I'm suffering with the same problem!
    I REALLY want to lose weight as well and look great, but it's so hard to keep up with the motivation... especially when all your friends are eating away at sugary and fatty foods right in front of you, lazying around (and somehow staying skinny....grr!) It's really temping, I know.
    I put an old pair of jeans I can't fit into anymore (I can't believe I was a size 0...) on a music stand in the middle of my room, and it reminds me to keep my diet in check.
    I also look at/reblog pictures of gorgeous women with perfect bodies on tumblr. I don't know if this is necessarily "healthy" motivation or not, but it's helped me (and made me feel crappy sometimes, but it still made me feel compelled to try harder to lose weight).
    This site also really helped me stay motivated for the past two weeks, so as long as you log on frequently and fill out your food and exercise diaries honestly, it'll help keep you on track.

Good luck!
  • dhenry99
    dhenry99 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think your motivation will come from sticking with your plan and seeing your results. The immediate results aren't as satisfying as looking back a month from now, even at this post, and seeing that you did stick with it and you accomplished a goal that you set for yourself. Not to mention you will feel better and have more engery which in itself is enough to keep you going.
  • TheCeleste
    TheCeleste Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love food!!!! Don't think of it as depriving yourself of good things to eat! You can find really delicious super healthy stuff to eat and it's a win-win. Have your goal be to find 6 or 7 really amazing dishes that you love to make and eat that also help you towards your weight loss goal. Re-train your brain to have the pleasure centers go wild with some good for you stuff, not indulgent hate-yourself-tomorrow stuff. Trust me it's possible-- I used to not be able to pass the candy aisle at the store, but now I don't even glance at it, opting instead for little bites of really good dark chocolate instead.

Here are some things that I love to eat that are also low calorie:
    - Broiled Lemon and Herb Salmon with Garlic Balsamic Broccolini over Wild Brown Rice
    - Vietnamese Chicken Salad (from FineCooking.com)
    - Moroccan Style Shrimp with Zucchini and Harvest Grains Quinoa
    - Middle Eastern Style Turkey Burger (recipe from FineCooking.com) with Raw Sugar Snap Peas (on the side) with Tzatziki
    - Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad with Black Bean and Avocado Salsa (from FineCooking.com)
    - Salmon with White Beans and Garlic Spinach
    - Green Bean Curry (add tofu if you need more protein)

Those are some of mine!

You can do this!!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You need to make eating healthy and exercising a priority. Just like getting up for work everyday and doing housework. Sometimes it's fun. Sometimes it's a pain in the *kitten*. But you still have to do it.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at mydiary (except today lol I havent logged yet today... must get on that) Yes I have "off days" like everyone else but I dont deprive myself of the sugary foods I truly enjoy I just eat them less frequently in smaller amoutns I found when I refused them all together is when I lacked motivation and eventually failed. Try thinner sliced bread, more meats and veggies compared to pasta or rice, try to go more gluten free (had to do this recently) so rice instead of pasta (brown is best) and simply more fruits and veggies instead of carbohydrate filled side dishes. But I will admit I lose weight and still have a candy bar, ice cream, fruit snacks, pasta, I just do it in moderation