How do I enter Body Pump class as an exercise?

Options
I just attended my first bodypump class. It was great. Now I am trying to figure out the best way to enter that in myfitness as an exercise. Is the only way to break it down to exercises and reps?
Thanks for any help or advice.

Replies

• nic464
    nic464 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem entering Insanity! Not sure of the ansa, if I put all that in I wouldn't have time to actually complete my DVDs!
  • anjeden
    anjeden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I enter it as cardio. I've seen estimates from Les Mills's site guesstimating about 500 calorie burn for 55 minute class.
  • JaneyOwen
    JaneyOwen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I found Les Mills BodyPump under cardio. Thanks! I appreciate you pointing me in that direction.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you go under Cardio and search for it, it should pop up. Other Les Mills programs are under there. I would assume the same for Insanity. Wear a heart rate monitor to double check how accurate their guesstimate is. I do a lot of cardio based lifting and just log it as "circuit training" which lines up pretty well with what my HRM says.

It's hard to get exact calorie burns but as with anything....if you are hungry/tired/irritable and losing weight then try eating more calories (back) and see if you keep losing weight. If you are not losing or gaining, then eat less.

Good luck!
  • sophiek1964
    sophiek1964 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've worn my heart rate monitor and it burned about 350 calories for me. I'm 5'4" and about 150 lbs.
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did Bodypump today with my polar HRM and I got 357kcal for 1hour. I'm 5'4 and 124lbs. I always wear my polar and I've never had more than 400 kcal for pump. And believe me I am pushing myself in the class!! X