Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing vanity pounds

Hi there. After successfully losing 12 pounds using this site last year, I'm back to lose another 5-7 pounds. I'm pretty healthy in general, but not as thin as I'd like to be. I'm 5'4 and 125 pounds. I'd like to be light and energetic by losing a bit more weight :) anyone else on a similar boat?

Replies

• lgeo91
    lgeo91 Posts: 4 Member
    I;m also trying to lose vanity pounds but mine's around 15 pounds lol, somehow went from 135 to 152, I'm 5'9 so its only visible in certain area, i.e. face and tummy. I'm going to try the 5:2 diet for a month and see how that works out:)
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    I suggest you try lowering your body fat percentage instead of losing pounds. At that height and weight, the weight loss rate will be very slow and it could be frustrating. Work on building muscle and measure your success with your body fat %. You'll see the difference in the mirror! A nutritionist or a personnal trainer can measure it for you (with calipers or the electronical device).
  • GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    I'm same stats as you, OP! 5'4" My goal is 120 pounds- I'm at nearly 124 pounds. I was 115 pounds in my 20s even through having several children. There is a great, long-running thread on the forum called 5'4" girls with lots of pictures that can give you an idea of how different all our frames can be and how we carry that weight. Along with my monthly measuring, I measure my wrist for my body frame size. At my 15 pound loss point, it has actually gotten to small frame measurements. I was medium framed, I thought. (Never measured until 30s). So perhaps I would aim for 115 based on that and also seeing that thread with pictures of girls built similar to me. However, I am also 45 years old , so may be good to hold onto extra 5 pounds.