Having Difficulty Breakig Bad Habits

Options
Need healthy but tasty tips for snacks, thx!

Replies

• Debk642
    Options
    I snack on a hard boiled egg, cut in half, yoke removed, with a teaspoon of humus. :)
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    popcorn
    sliced veggies (just keep some around your house all the time... you'll graze all day. Just know how much you sliced so you'll know how much you ate.)
    hummus with cucumbers
    chicken or beef broth
  • theresaneal77
    theresaneal77 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What do you normally snack on? If its candy, making the switch straight to carrots is going to be tough. I like Special K Bars or Quaker Real Medleys bars in place of candy. Fruit snacks that are individually packaged can also be a nice substitute (80 cal vs like 200 cal in a candy bar). Personally, I also like munching on fresh apples and carrots.
  • theresaneal77
    theresaneal77 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh! And indvidually bagged chips or 100 calorie bags. They arn't "healthy" but they are great for monitoring how much you eat.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    popcorn, yogurt, fruit, carrots...lots :)
  • Prettyinpink82
    Prettyinpink82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas!!! They have individual bags of apples already peeled! I love them and so do my kids! Also at Walmart, they have single servings of veggies like carrots and celery in packs with dressing! They are good and low in calories!
  • RegentPrimrose
    Options
    Debk642 wrote: »
    I snack on a hard boiled egg, cut in half, yoke removed, with a teaspoon of humus. :)

Yes this is a very good snack - although the yolk is good for you. Yes it contains fat - but it is good fat - the kind your body needs.
  • RegentPrimrose
    Options
    I also love to snack on plain raw nuts. Delicious.
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    "Veggies with hummus" is a common suggestion and sometimes I crave it but to be honest I'm not a fan of hummus...not enough to make it a staple snack. So if that works for you great, if not don't feel bad.

I prefer snacking on sweeter or richer things...a handful of nuts, a handful of berries, maybe a small serving of cheese, etc. Foods that you can easily overeat so you need to watch the serving but they tend to satisfy my snack cravings just fine between meals.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    What is the bad habit? Eating the wrong thing? Eating too much of the wrong thing? Automatic eating without thinking?

Pre-package your snacks for the day and stick with those. Move temptation out of the way.

If you like crunchy/savoury, switch out your old favourites with pretzels, cheese and crackers, nuts, celery with cream cheese, or popcorn. Portion each out according to their calorie load.

If you like sweet, have some fruit, prepackaged yogurt, a skinny cow or other 100 calorie snack.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Most bad habits have more to do with overeating. Snack on what you like, just LIMIT the amount you snack. Obviously a more nutritionally dense snack will likely be less calories than one that may not be, so you actually get to eat more volume. But find some that you like that you'd be CONSISTENT with.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I snack on a healthy dose of not thinking about food.....
  • BPAMarquez
    Options
    Thank you everyone for these great ideas! I have a new shopping list of snacks to make! I will keep you updated on what worked.

I have to admit, never heard of the egg and hummus snack, but I like both so it may work!