Lose 10 pounds

Options
Hello, my goal is to lose 10-15 pounds by no later than May. I have a problem with binge eating. Anyone else have that problem and have advice for me? I really need friends that will help me stick to my goal. Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• Azathera
    Azathera Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I don't have a problem with binge eating, but I am always up for offering encouragements as well as receive :smile:

Funny enough my goal is to lose 10 pounds as well. We can do this. I have already lost some. We just need to stay true to our goal and really fight those cravings.

Feel free to add me to friends.
  • lgeo91
    lgeo91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to join:) I also have a big problem with binge eating and cravings. I'm trying to get back to 132-135lbs by summer. Giving myself 3 months and trying the 5:2 diet for the first month:)
  • lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hey there and welcome. Binge eating is an issue of mine and I combat that with meal prep. Please feel free to send me an add request and good luck!
  • gbjess204
    gbjess204 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Binge eating is a problem, late night chocolate cravings. Sometimes I give in to them but sometimes I can fight it. So far Since December I have lost 1.5 inches on my waist and hips, and only a half inch on my thighs. I try to tell myself my thighs are not losing because of the late night snacking.

Best advice, keep a piece of clothing hanging on your wall you want to fit in. I also keep my starting pictures in my phone and look at it everyday to remind myself of why I am doing this.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I am a binge eater an emotional eater. those foods that I know I will binge on I don't keep them in the house. I also try to keep gum handy because sometimes I just need to chew. I may even brush my teeth. I drink flavored water. I also play computer games to keep my mind of eating especially because I need to eat when I am bored. Feel free to add me.
  • MissMelissa514
    MissMelissa514 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal and the same problem. Feel free to add me
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 8-10lbs :) You guys can add me if you'd like!
  • pbutter07
    pbutter07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yeah that binge eating is no joke. I recently read this book called Burn the fat feed the muscle by Tom Venuto. The first chapter had me hooked. It had me write down my goals, and I read them everyday. That helps me with the binge eating. Try that! I'm here as support ☺
  • marlene1979
    marlene1979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I want to lose 10lbs by the end of May!! Add me also for motivation cuz I need it!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Try pre-logging your days to include snacks. This help you not fill deprived and therefore less likely to binge.
  • jenm_123
    jenm_123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I struggle with binge eating and giving in to cravings. I keep losing and gaining the same weight and need some motivation to keep me on track. I'd like to lose as much weight as possible each month, as I have at least 75lbs to lose.
    Feel free to add me!